Looking For A Local Supplier For Cornus Kousa Wolf Eyes

Capt Brady

This is one of the dogwood cultivars with varigated leaves. I've found them on the net but I'm looking for a bigger specimen, as big as possible.

I need two.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Capt Brady
This is one of the dogwood cultivars with varigated leaves. I've found them on the net but I'm looking for a bigger specimen, as big as possible.

I need two.

:confused: Are you into some kinda chicken-dance voodoo?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Capt Brady

I need two.

Try Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville (outside of Annapolis). They carry a huge selection of trees. They had a large selection of dogwoods but I don't remember if they had the variegated leaved ones.

Their website is http://www.homesteadgardens.com/index.php and the phone number is 410-798-5000.

Capt Brady

Dear Madame Jazz Lady,

Thank you for that link, as that is exactly the guidance that I'm seeking. I posted on their new forum there, an inquiry for purchasing the dogwood.

For those that are not familiar with this type of Dogwood tree, it is a tree with varigated leaves. Yellow to cream margins and darker green centers. In autumn, the edges turn pink and the centers a dark red. This form of Kousa is a bit thicker in foliage and more pronounced in stratification. It produces white to minty white brachs. It grows slower than the natural tree Cornus Florida, but it is resistant to disease.

If you research Dogwoods (Cornus) you will discover that the wild species, naturally growing in So Md, is the disease prone Flordia cultivar. It blooms always white. The Kousa cultivars, aka : Japanese Dogwood) come in a variety of colors, the most popular of which is pink. But kousa also can be white, cream or with a mint tint.