Tuesday night, croaks update.

F

fishn guy

last night went out for an hour and a half and came up with about 16 croaks. All descent sized no real tanks so if your craving a good frying fish get out there and gettum while they are running thick!!!!

Where were you fishing (general area would be fine if you don't want to give up your secret fishn hole)?

F

fishn guy

Originally posted by huntr1
Where were you fishing (general area would be fine if you don't want to give up your secret fishn hole)?

fitzies marine in compton

F

fishn guy

Went back out last night and got more!!!
The fish are running pretty thick at night, a couple more outings and the deep fryer is coming out to make race snacks!!!!:cheers:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
hey fishn guy ... do you filet the croaker ? I remember hubby complaining last year that one side would filet up nicely but the other would be bony ... wondering if there is a certain way we dont know about ... been cleaning fish for years but croaker seem to be tougher than most to clean ....:confused:

Scorpion61

Originally posted by Rane
hey fishn guy ... do you filet the croaker ? I remember hubby complaining last year that one side would filet up nicely but the other would be bony ... wondering if there is a certain way we dont know about ... been cleaning fish for years but croaker seem to be tougher than most to clean ....:confused:

I find them to be a bit boney too but worth the trouble for flavor

F

fishn guy

Originally posted by Scorpion61
I find them to be a bit boney too but worth the trouble for flavor

I just cut the whole side down with an electric knife and go back through it with a regular fillet knife to remove the rib cage