Moving into the area!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Howdie!
We are moving into the Area, the mailing address is Mechanicsville, but I think i am closer to Hollywood? As you can tell, I'm not real familiar with towns, LOL, but I'm pretty excited! We are trail riding/camping MONSTERS and are always looking for an opportunity to ride with someone! Hope to find some great groups locally to share our passion. :) We have 2 kids living at home (a 7 y/o girl and a 15 y/o boy) and a half a dozen horses. Appys are our pleasure! ~Cheers everyone!
dee

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
why we're here & our dogs

We have just bought and settled on a gorgeous 25 acres, complete with log cabin...our dream home and when we looked at it and the area demographics, we fell in love. It is beautiful out here!

We have <<no shivvers allowed, LOL>>....Rottweilers... have shown and bred a litter or two a year for 18 years give or take.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Hollywood...CA, weird...all these famous places right here in MD!
We're coming over tomorrow just to visit our new place, see what the pastures will need, and where to put "stuff" plus to visit the local State Police Barrack, and maybe some Amish stores...

Anybody have any suggestions on places for lunch or good to get acquainted with, near Mechanicsville or Hollywood? Am i asking too much? LOL :confused:
~dee

K

Kizzy

Welcome Happy :howdy:

Is your hubby going to transfer down here?

Last edited by a moderator:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Yes, hubby will transfer to Leonardtown SP barrack.
We're moving to Wils Lane, off Alexandra Way, which is between North and South Sandgate off rt 235.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
No, didn't make it too Belaire, (naughty club member...) we went to the new place saturday, and Sunday, riding on the shore at the Tuckahoe Equestrian trails (GOREOUS!!), and then went to pick up a beautiful B/W leopard mare. She's a sweetie!

Hey Appy, hubby says he wants to meet your stallion, and chat. So let's try to schedule something. email me!!

~happy

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Taking him home is what he is thinking, but I'm thinking free leasing for a year or two, then re-visit. I've never owned a stallion, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to deal with it. We are also not moving in until July and probably won't have an area ready for him until August(?) We need to fence in an additional pasture area. If this potential timeframe works for you, let's talk. Is he ridable? With another gelding or a bred mare? What's he like to live with? How big is he? What color babies has he given you? What are their temperaments?:confused:
~happy

arabianpony

Originally posted by happyappygirl
Howdie!

Welcome!
Going to have to change my name here soon. My last arabian is looking for a home. Have a QH gelding and a paint mare.
I am in Hollywood too. perhaps we could all meet at Greenwell one weekend for a ride and greet.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I thought ones with heaves did better out of a stall? Where he would go is all wooded, with a stream so he'd be out of the sun, if we try it. Is that why he's in the stall during the day? The heat? I've never dealt with heaves before, sorry to appear so dumb. In the very least I would love to breed my bay roan mare to him when she comes into heat. Her breeder wants me to breed her to his lines, since her's cross well with them. Sage is going to roan into a huge blanket i think! I'm very pleased. She JUST started to roan up nice this spring, and she's 5! Please let me know how it goes with him, and in the very least, if you place him, pass my name on, and tell them I'd like to breed to him. Please don't pass up a good home if your heart tells you it's right, for us! We'll still breed Sage to him! Let me know if you want to see a pix, I'll email it. She's a Son of a Hustler daughter. REAL nice girl. You can tell she's WP bred for sure.

arabianpony, HI!:cheers: I'd LOVE to get together!! Let's plan it. I'm trying to decide what we're doing Memorial day weekend. It will either be the League of MD, for a weekend ride, or the SMTRC ride on Memorial Day. Let's figure it out!
~happy

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Appy's STUD

FWIW - Regarding Appy's comments about her stallion....i can't say that i have dealt with many, but the few I've been introduced too, well let's just say they weren't "gentlemen" and made me VERY nervous...for myself, my mares and my kids! and even their owners (managers) seemed nervous around them! To me, it's important that a stallion be manageable. Some of it is how much he is handled, by whom, and how, but much of it is his innate temperament, AND in my limited experience, inherited, therefore important. It's real hard to find a NICE stallion who is an "easy breeder" and Appy should be darn proud she has a nice stallion she can say nice things about, AND live with on a day to day basis. People who breed horses and are talented, brave, and kind enough to offer their stallions at public stud, should take as much time as is necessary to ensure their studs ARE manageable for everyone's safety. We will be going to see him, for our own mare, who we hope he will compliment, his lovely pedigree certainly does. I'm SO glad she has a quality boy who is close to us! :clap: Hopefully Sage will love him too. ~happy~

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by appyday
As for the stud Zip he is an older boy (like Pete) very kind and easy going with the girls (guess like Pete too) I can hand breed him by myself..no other handler needed..and when he is done he just "dismounts" and walks to the barn..(unlike Pete) He honestly acts like a gelding..and I do trust him with kids (guess Pete is good with kids too) He is an all around good guy...

:killingme Oh Pete...read this!!! :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Pete is a friend of ours on the board...Kwillia was making a funny...She drags her schnauzer and Pete into all our conversations...

As for the stud Zip he is an older boy (like Pete) very kind and easy going with the girls (guess like Pete too) I can hand breed him by myself..no other handler needed..and when he is done he just "dismounts" and walks to the barn..(unlike Pete) He honestly acts like a gelding..and I do trust him with kids (guess Pete is good with kids too) He is an all around good guy...

Ps did you get your mare from Phyllis Harkins by any chance?
:blushing:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:lookingdownwithshame: Pete does not usually read the horse threads:blushing:

He was probably doing a search on 'stallion' to see where else he's been mentioned and found this one by accident. :wink: