The Last of Us (PS3 Exclusive)

warneckutz

Anyone pick this up? Story-line and gameplay seem pretty fun for the single-player. Haven't tried multi-player yet.

:nerd:

BOP

4 months after your post, I bought it when it first came out. Pre-ordered, in fact.

I kind of lost interest and wandered away. Part of that was Splinter Cell: Black List, but part of it was LoU itself. I feel like the difficulty level on the lowest setting was too high. GD Clickers coming out of nowhere killing your azz before you know what's what pizzes me off. That, and the inability to carry more than a few rounds of ammo per weapon. I'd carry more ammo and less weapons if it came down to it, but the game doesn't give you even that option. I think 24 rounds, depending on the make and model is it. That, and if you kill someone, you think you'd be able to take their weapon (example: a soldier armed with an M-16 or variant), but you'd be wrong.

Another thing I don't like is how easily your weapons break and degrade. Not the rifles and side arms, but the shivs and other things you make yourself.

The linearity of the game sucks. For instance, in Wild Bill's "town," you have to go through a gate and then through a building; the game doesn't allow you the option to climb up and over, as one example.

General Lee

I agree with BOP. I pre-ordered it as well. I've walked away from it. Advertising pulled me in but its not what I expected. BOP is spot on with his explanation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've walked away from it. Advertising pulled me in but its not what I expected.

I see this in more and more games ......

maybe I have just become too jaded ... COD MW anyone ?
.. why spend 50 bucks on some game

except Fallout Franchise ...

I stumbled into Dishonored 3 months after its release that was Awesome as well .... but I finished in a weekend, 5 hrs the 1st night and 2 8 hour followup sessions .... of course I just killed everything in sight

the 2nd play through, took many more hours ... with each 'level' taking 8 - 12 hours each 'sneaking' through, getting the Ghost Achievement ....

waiting for The Dead Linger to get more stable, but I am a Kick Starter and have played every Release since Alpha 001 [now on 010E with a complete Engine Change over to the Unity Game Engine]

[I needed more coffee this morning]

Last edited: