Weird Pet Question

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I know this is strange to some people but does anyone know where in the tri county area that will creammate animals?  I have an elderly dog who I love as if she were my daughter, and I think its just a matter of time before she goes.  I want to be able to take her with me when I move and I don't have anywhere that I could bury her.  It would crush me to allow her to be thrown away.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Most veterinarians in the area offer the service - check out Three Notch Vets in Hollywood or St. Mary's Vet Hospital in Lexington Park.

My sister, who lives on the Eastern Shore, had her elderly dog cremated because she couldn't bear the thought of burying her beloved pet in the ground.  She has a beautiful urn with her dog's ashes in it in a place of honor in her house.

Hello Jeneisen.  Cremation usually costs anywhere from $100-$300, depending on the urn or box that you would like.  I work at Southern MD Veterinary Referral and Emergency hospital in Waldorf and the company we deal with usually charges about $150 for cremation and a nice box with engraving.  If you would like to let us handle it for you, when you are ready, please come and see us.  It usually takes a week until you get the ashes returned to you.  You can pick them up at the hospital.  We are located on Industrial Park drive, right down the street from the DMV.  I hope this helped.  I am sorry that you are about to deal with such a loss. Take care.

Brownie

I recomment Dog's and Cat's in Bowie. They were awesome when I had to have my girl put to sleep! They offer Cremation but I am not sure of the cost. They made me a clay paw print...I though that was sweet!

Brownie said:
I recomment Dog's and Cat's in Bowie. They were awesome when I had to have my girl put to sleep! They offer Cremation but I am not sure of the cost. They made me a clay paw print...I though that was sweet!
I think its too late.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
Oh. :lmao: I was talking about the dog. Wait, I have to be more clear, I mean the dog that the person was posting about.

Still not clear enough. :jet:

BTW - my sister still has her dog's ashes in the urn. It's in her china cabinet. :lmao:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
We had our Bailey cremated in 1996. We took him to (I think) Mattingly funeral home. We brought him home in a beautiful black urn at a cost of about 700.00. But then again I didnt know there were other places to get it done. Didnt really matter, nothing was too good for our big guy. He will be with me forever

SoMDGirl42

chloejoey2 said:
Hello Jeneisen.  Cremation usually costs anywhere from $100-$300, depending on the urn or box that you would like.  I work at Southern MD Veterinary Referral and Emergency hospital in Waldorf and the company we deal with usually charges about $150 for cremation and a nice box with engraving.  If you would like to let us handle it for you, when you are ready, please come and see us.  It usually takes a week until you get the ashes returned to you.  You can pick them up at the hospital.  We are located on Industrial Park drive, right down the street from the DMV.  I hope this helped.  I am sorry that you are about to deal with such a loss. Take care.
I have a niece that works at this same vet. I lost my dog in Sept. and had him cremated here. He's in a nice wooden box. She also did a clay foot print for me.