Interesting Stuff on Lucas and Star Wars III

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465

“Phantom Menace” and “Attack of the Clones” ... two of the most soul-killingly dull storylines ever put on film. I mean, really — I’ve seen more interesting films on sandwiches I left in my fridge too long...

Considering that most of the worst ideas in the last two films came from Lucas himself, he might start by handing over the reins to another filmmaker... Fire Lucas as director, who has no sense of control over his storyline, encourages flat and affectless acting, and shellacs every scene with such a frenzy of special effects that they assault your senses like a strobe light.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I think those fans have savaged Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones because they had their expectations set way too high, and no movie could ever live up to that.

I liked the original trilogy, but I was a couple of years too old for the Star Wars mania that gripped the kids in my neighborhood. I was already starting to be interested in girls sexually (although that interest wasn't being returned).

One of these days I'd like to see Mark Hamill pull a William Shatner on the fans: "Get a life, will you, people?"