Relocating with 2 dogs

Hi everyone,
We will be moving to southern MD this May with 2 miniature schnauzers and wanted to get some advice on a good vet, near Lexington Park, and wanted to find out if fleas and ticks are problems there.  Do dogs normally get vaccinated against lyme disease, and are there any other vaccines reccomended instead of just the basic ones.  Also, are there any areas that dogs are allowed and safe to just run around?  I would appreciate any help.  Thank you very much! Kay

jeneisen

Indy Bound
First of all, I like St. Mary's Vet.  I have 3 dogs and they have taken good care of them.  They are on 235 by the Dodge Dealership.  Also, the fleas and ticks are really bad here.  If its out there, we have it. I recommend putting them on something now. I noticed with mine they started to get itchy because the weather is still warm, some fleas are still out. I had to put my dogs back on the preventative during the winter.  As far as place to run, unless you can find a school or park where there is a fenced in area, then most likely its going to be hard to find a place. I know that the Regional Park on Chancellors Run has fenced in areas, but they want the dogs to be kept on a leash and cleaned up after.  You may get away with it since your dogs are small.