Tmj/tmd

robbie

Does anyone in the area suffer from this? Would you like to chat once in a while. Such a highly misunderstood condition that Dr.s and friends don't understand sometimes. I know how you feel.
Thanks.:dance:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by robbie
Does anyone in the area suffer from this? Would you like to chat once in a while. Such a highly misunderstood condition that Dr.s and friends don't understand sometimes. I know how you feel.
Thanks.:dance:

What is it?

SeaRide

TMJTMD <--???????

Suggestion #1: Never assume that everyone knows what every GD acronynoms means.

Suggestion #2: Spell it out first time and second time. Then abbreviated it later -- not the first time.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: TMJTMD <--???????

Originally posted by SeaRide
Suggestion #1: Never assume that everyone knows what every GD acronynoms means.

Suggestion #2: Spell it out first time and second time. Then abbreviated it later -- not the first time.

I'm surprised you don't have it. :lmao:

K

Kain99

Here Tards.....

TMJ diseases and disorders refer to a complex and poorly understood set of conditions, manifested by pain the the area of the jaw and associated muscles and limitations in the ability to make the normal movements of speech, facial expression, eating, chewing, and swallowing. Conditions that routinely affect other joints in the body, such as arthritis and trauma, also affect the TM joint.

nomoney

Re: Here Tards.....

Originally posted by Kain99
, manifested by pain the the area of the jaw and associated muscles and limitations in the ability to make the normal movements of speech, .

I wish a few select forum members had this.

SeaRide

TMJ diseases and disorders refer to a complex and poorly understood set of conditions, manifested by pain the the area of the jaw and associated muscles and limitations in the ability to make the normal movements of speech, facial expression, eating, chewing, and swallowing. Conditions that routinely affect other joints in the body, such as arthritis and trauma, also affect the TM joint.

Hey you tard .. spell it out.

T stands for what?
M stands for what?
J stands for what?

Tough Mofo Jaw?

Too Much Jaw?

come on now..

Toxick

Splat

Like lockjaw?

Yes. I'm a tard because I didn't know that. I mean, I get into a discussion about it almost every single day and all.

K

Kain99

I think it has something to do with grinding your teef at night....:wink:

K

Kizzy

Basically, you grind your jaw and/or teeth in your sleep. Some people just pop the jaw in and out all day clueless they do it. I suffered from it when I first began working for the police department as a dispatcher. You wake up in the morning feeling like you had your mouth open wide all night. You can visit your dentist office and get a mouth guard, which is a plastic retainer and sleep with that in your mouth. It did help a great deal. I don't have too many problems with it anymore, but I don't get stressed out like I use to either. It is very painful.

And Sea, go get your cranky butt a cup of coffee. :neener:

Last edited by a moderator:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'

Isn't that the same as "lockjaw" and caused by tetanus?

robbie

sorry

sorry I didn't spell it out but figuired if you had it you knew what that meant. Some people have it for short periods and some like me seem to never loose it. I have the night guard and do therapy but the mornings are pain, dizzy, sinus like symptoms, tinnitus in the ears and stomach problems. Then, like magic, they ease off after a few hours to let you get on with your day. Sorta like waking up and not knowing that someone had beat you up in your sleep.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
TMJ stands for Temporo-Mandibular Joint - it is the joint where the lower jaw joins the upper jaw, immediately in front of the ear on each side of your head. Its very painful and often feels like you've dislocated your jaw. The dentist can make you a mouth-guard at a very expensive price. I find that football mouthpieces - the kind that you dip into boiling water and mold to your mouth work great. When my TMJ acts up, this is what I use and a nightly glass of red wine!