Kid Room Storage Solutions

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Aside from using crates to utilize unused closet space, does anyone have any idears for providing the most storage space for a kid room? I've seen those rack/shelf things with little baskets on it, but that's not big enough for most of the DQ's crap. I wish her room was laid out in such a way that I could just build a wall of nice oak shelves for her, but with the window on one wall, her closet on another, and the door to the bedroom on a third, that leaves only wall where her loft bed could go. :ohwell:

TIA! :smile:

PS: she does have a toybox, but I want to get that out of her room if I can to give her more space.

K

Kain99

What if you move the bed against the wall on the left hand side. That'll open up a ton of space and allow you to use the wall where the bed is now for shelves. :smile:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Build shelves in her closet. You could go all the way across the bottom so it's easy for her to access them. My kids have shelve's in their closet's and it's save's alot of space in their rooms.

crabcake

DQ has a loft bed, so the space underneath is already being used for stuff (her toybox, book shelf, etc).

I bought wooden crates today to stack in her closet to give her more storage space. :yay: I think that's gonna solve most of her problem ... the other problem she'll have to solve on her own -- picking up after herself. :lol:

Elle

Happy Camper!
For things like cars, coloring supplies, marble maze, and stuff like that we use those clear plastic drawers. I label the outside of them with the contents so when it's time to pick up he knows where everything goes. He can also store things like games and stuff on top of the drawers.

crabcake

I like Ikea, but some of their stuff is just too "european" looking for me. I like a more traditional feel to things. And I didn't wanna drive there just for crates. I think the wooden ones I got for her closet are gonna solve most of her problem, though. The big problems are 1) getting rid of the stuff she doesn't play with anymore, and 2) getting her to pick up after herself. :ohwell: