Any '24' fans in the hizzie?

Toxick

Splat
What did you think of the finale last night?

Worth it?

It fell a little short for me. I thought the second to last episode was much more intense.

T.Rally

I think I was madder that Fox Channel 5 was running their stupid weather reports during half the show cutting the screen in half. God forbid they run that crap during commercials.

Somewhere along the line I missed how they were able to contain the virus, after the man who escaped the hotel, went home, went to the pharmacy, etc, etc.

Some part of me still thought Chappelle was going to turn up alive.

They had way too much to clean up in just an hour.

Loved the show though.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by nomoney
I missed it:bawl: what happened????

SPOILERS

If you recorded or Tivoed 24 and haven't watched it yet, stop reading now.

-------------------------------------------------

Well the first thing of note was the guy in the subway station got out and was running amok in the city. He ended up in a Middle School.

Gael's widow showed up to collect his things. Then as she's leaving she pulls out a gun and blows Steven Saunders away right before he can ID the bad guy. Luckily by this time the bad guy has left a trail of bodies leading out of the subway, and they track him on satellite to the school.

David Palmer said he will not be running for reelection. He's holding himself responsible for the deaths of Sherry, Millican and Julia, Millican's widow. He's very disturbed about it, even though his brother came up with a great cover story.

Tony was given a brief reprieve in order to take over CTU's Tactical operation while trying to find the last virus courier. Doesn't get him off the hook though. It still looks like he's going to prison.

The big shocker - The virus-bomb was wired differently than the others, so the bomb squad didn't have time to figure out what to do - but Chase had gotten his arm stuck in the shackle attached to the dispersal unit. So Jack had to chop his hand off with a fireman's axe to get it off. Once he got it off, he put the dispersal device in some sort of refrigerator in the chemistry lab and watches it go off. At the end of the show, Chase was in surgery - 50/50 if he can ever use that hand again.

Either way, Chase said that he wanted out of Field Ops because he wants to be with Kim. Jack said he'd support any decision that Chase and Kim make. Jack and Kim hug, and then Jack goes into his SUV and has a mini-breakdown. He just sits there and twitches and sobs for about 3 minutes, before he's called to go help with paperwork or something.

Loose ends: Tony's future. Jack's addiction and mental state. No head of CTU. Chase's hand.

And honestly, I think that Palmer will be running for president (and winning) after all. He's not listed as one of the people who aren't coming back next year. And I can't see him doing something as mundane as taking orders from Jack, or even running CTU.

nomoney

Originally posted by Toxick
SPOILERS

If you recorded or Tivoed 24 and haven't watched it yet, stop reading now.

-------------------------------------------------

Loose ends: Tony's future. Jack's addiction and mental state. No head of CTU. Chase's hand.

And honestly, I think that Palmer will be running for president (and winning) after all. He's not listed as one of the people who aren't coming back next year. And I can't see him doing something as mundane as taking orders from Jack, or even running CTU.

well I did hear on the radio that it was announced that Chase and tony and michelle will not be comming back next year; so guess that answers those loose ends for ya. :wink:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by T.Rally
I think I was madder that Fox Channel 5 was running their stupid weather reports during half the show cutting the screen in half. God forbid they run that crap during commercials.

Amen to that... there was a brief flash of the timer and then I was looking at Sue Freakin' Palka.

They know that 24 is one of the most popular shows, and they still broke in with something they were going to be covering in depth in less than a half hour.

That was just stupid.

And during the chase scene, My cable dropped out for about a minute :(

I was real upset before I realized that I didn't miss anything.

Originally posted by T.Rally
Somewhere along the line I missed how they were able to contain the virus, after the man who escaped the hotel, went home, went to the pharmacy, etc, etc.

They didn't really explain how, but they mentioned in passing that it was contained, and they had grids on the walls of quarantine zones, etc. If you weren't watching close it was easy to miss.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by nomoney
well I did hear on the radio that it was announced that Chase and tony and michelle will not be comming back next year; so guess that answers those loose ends for ya. :wink:

Sorta. All three are supposed to make guest appearances at various times throughout the season, although none of them are going to be regular cast members.

So unless Jack visits Tony in prison.... actually - that may very well happen, so I'm going to skip my smartass comment :biggrin: