New survey question

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://somd.com/survey/

What prompted this is that we're going to Niagara Falls this summer and it would sure be nice if the campground had on-site internet connections, even if it were just a phone jack.

Hotels are getting pretty good but campgrounds are abysmal.

SmallTown

Football season!
You know you're a real geek when you look for a campground with internet connections!

post a list as you find them

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
http://somd.com/survey/

What prompted this is that we're going to Niagara Falls this summer and it would sure be nice if the campground had on-site internet connections, even if it were just a phone jack.

Hotels are getting pretty good but campgrounds are abysmal.
Where are you camping up there? DO NOT stay at the KOA on the NY side, it is nasty. The KOA on the Canadian side is much better. A little hard to find at 9PM, alone pulling a 24 foot camper through the middle of downtown with a crappy map getting directions from a 16 year old Candian chic on the phone but much better than the NY side. As a bonus there is a :yay: stip club up the street on the left. :cheesy:

SamSpade

Originally posted by SmallTown
You know you're a real geek when you look for a campground with internet connections!

I kinda feel the same way - except that we DID use the Internet Cafe on board our cruise ship - on our *honeymoon*! Just e-mail, because phone calls were nearly impossible.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I thought the purpose of going on vacation was to "get away from it all"....including internet/email....:confused:

willie

Originally posted by Voter2002
I thought the purpose of going on vacation was to "get away from it all"....including internet/email....:confused:
It looks like 90% of the people taking the survey agree.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's no way I can take a 3 week vacation and be out of touch. It's IMPARATIVE that I be able to work when the need arises, whether I'm "on vacation" or not. I own my own business - there's no such thing as a "vacation".

ST, there's a campground in Staunton, VA that is REALLY nice and gives you a phone hookup right at your campsite. I hate the ones that say "internet friendly" and what they mean by that is you have to go sit in their office and they'll grumble if you take more than 2 minutes on their crappy phone ine. :rolleyes:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
There's no way I can take a 3 week vacation and be out of touch. It's IMPARATIVE that I be able to work when the need arises, whether I'm "on vacation" or not. I own my own business - there's no such thing as a "vacation".

ST, there's a campground in Staunton, VA that is REALLY nice and gives you a phone hookup right at your campsite. I hate the ones that say "internet friendly" and what they mean by that is you have to go sit in their office and they'll grumble if you take more than 2 minutes on their crappy phone ine. :rolleyes:
:wah:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You have a cell phone, right? Isn't there a means of using the cell to do dialup?