Vehicle Inspection

tibby

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the guidlines for vehicleimspections in st mary's county. This way, I can check my car over before spending the money, and also to make sure I don't get screwed by somone deciding they want to make some money that day.

Thanks

tibby

That link is a great start, but is there any specifications available? Like allowable tread wear, maximum size of chip in windshield and acceptable locations, etc. I used to be a mechanic, so I can check alot of things over before spending the money to make sure I will pass, and like I said, I've heard and seen here of instances of "shady" inspections.

Thanks again

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
The only thing I can think of that might contain that info is some state law or something that spells out exactly what is/isn't allowable. Ken King (the resident forum legal eagle) might be of some help there. :wink:

You might wanna try and send him a PM. :shrug:

willie

Re: Re: Vehicle Inspection

Originally posted by tibby
That link is a great start, but is there any specifications available? Like allowable tread wear, maximum size of chip in windshield and acceptable locations, etc. I used to be a mechanic, so I can check alot of things over before spending the money to make sure I will pass, and like I said, I've heard and seen here of instances of "shady" inspections.

Thanks again
Any place that my family has dealt with has a flat fee. They tell you what work needs to be done, you take it home and do the work then they just check your work. If you have been a mechanic then this should work OK.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Like I told Tibby via PM, just take the vehicle to an inspection station and let them do the inspection. They will provide a written explanation of any failing items and then you can either have it repaired or do it yourself and have them re-inspect after repairs are made. I also gave him the items the inspection covers as required under the code.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Originally posted by vicos
Recommend you take it Meineke next to Wal-Mart. They've always done good work and I don't think they're going to risk their reputation or franchise by cheating people. Stay away from Midas in great mills.

Those guys down there really know how to treat people....They will take care of you.....I know both of the owners and they have built that business treating people right....