Clinton on Letterman...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anybody catch this?

All I caught was some clips from Russert, so, in the interest of being honest, I did not see the whole thing and am relying on Timbo to not be doing a hatchet job. Fair bet, yes?

For those who didn't and care Bill says we gotta watch out attacking somebody with bad weapons, weapons (all together now...) "...of maaaassss destruction..." and boxing this person in, making him "toast" because this person would logically use them and/or give them to somebody (IE terrorists) who would use them on us sooner or later.

Then, The Bill says that he'd be stunned or otherwise astonished if it, the war on Iraq, took any more than a week, what with our air power and all.

Is this contextually correct?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Two things:

Number 1: Liberals must have gotten beat up on the playground a lot as kids. What makes me think this is that they always want to appease any aggressive dictator that comes down the pike. They "reason" that if you make him mad, then he'll REALLY come after you. Anyone who's ever been the victim of a bully knows that the only way to get him to back off is to let him know in no uncertain terms that you won't stand for it. What you DON'T do is give him your lunch money or your new Nikes - then you'll NEVER get rid of his a$$.

Number 2: If I suspected my daughter were using drugs and I wanted to toss her room, I definitely wouldn't tell her first. That only gives her plenty of time to hide the goods. If you want to be assured of coming up with nothing, schedule an appointment with Saddam to check for WMD.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Two things:

Number 1: Liberals must have gotten beat up on the playground a lot as kids. What makes me think this is that they always want to appease any aggressive dictator that comes down the pike. They "reason" that if you make him mad, then he'll REALLY come after you. Anyone who's ever been the victim of a bully knows that the only way to get him to back off is to let him know in no uncertain terms that you won't stand for it. What you DON'T do is give him your lunch money or your new Nikes - then you'll NEVER get rid of his a$$.

Number 2: If I suspected my daughter were using drugs and I wanted to toss her room, I definitely wouldn't tell her first. That only gives her plenty of time to hide the goods. If you want to be assured of coming up with nothing, schedule an appointment with Saddam to check for WMD.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I'd "toss" the kid up in the air with the bedroom and see what came about.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Good reply vrai - yeah I know from experience that being a pacifist on the playground only means that more kids who would never take a swing at you become emboldened to beat on someone who won't fight back. But all it took was a sock in the kisser to the school bully - even if he 'won' the fight - to put an an end to it. I'm often amazed that in a fight with a bear or a shark, they can be successfully thwarted by a nasty struggle - bullies would much rather attack someone who won't hurt back.

As far as penning him in so he will be forced to use something as a last resort - we have no assurance whatsoever they won't try it right away. This fits with their premise of jihad against the infidels. And it is Western reluctance to come and spank them that emboldens them to try.