The weekend after next, May 4th

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok, let's start this thing up again.

For those coming in late - we used to have a small group of folks who would meet, go to the movies, have some drinks and listen to bad karaoke. I'd like to try that again, so let's see a show of hands for who'd like to give it a try.

This weekend is bad for *me*, and probably too late to plan for some, so let's shoot for next weekend, the 4th. Movies playing will include: Spiderman, which is a so-so pick, but you probably have to like Sam Raimi to enjoy it -  the guy who brought you The Evil Dead, "Hercules" and The Quick and the Dead - and the other movie that weekend is Woody Allen's latest, Hollywood Ending (and I'd lay good odds it *won't* be playing here). Other than that, there'll just be what's playing now - Lex Park and Prince Frederick are playing the *same* set of six movies.

Anyway - since movies usually start around 7-ish, we can meet around 6-ish at a place nearby, and in the past we've generally gone to Northridge on 235, and gone out to eat or drink afterwards.

Everyone who thinks it might be fun - or have any alternatives - post away. Let's get a show of hands for who wants to come.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
That's ok. Last time we did this, we were planning *something* every week, so I'll post something the following Monday after we do this one, for the next weekend.

Cool?

Vicki

As long as  don't have to work Saturday night, I'm up for it. I love comic book movies, so of course I want to see SpiderMan!
There is a nasty rumor at work that we may start working on Saturdays again... blah!
Thanks for starting this again, Frank, where ya been hiding?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
As long as everyone remembers - the topic says May 4th - NEXT Saturday. This time I'm planning early.

Hey, *somebody* has a birthday in a couple weeks, huh?

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Frank – Sounds fun! Please post directions to the theater prior to next weekend...I live REAL close to the Pr. Fred. theaters, but have NO clue where the other one you mentioned is...Spiderman sounds good to me! (I LOVED Spawn and XMen, too!)

BudoPo

Sounds like a plan to me.  Who's going to find out show times?  Or do we just play it by ear?

Sierra, the theater in Lex Park is right there on Route 235, across from Pax River (maybe a mile or so past the Hampton Inn).  There's a traffic light, and a tall, narrow sign on the right with all the movies showing.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Usually what I do for show times is check the movie link on Yahoo! about three or four days early. So some time next Wednesday, I'll post the times (the theaters don't post times much earlier than that).

So far, we've got a good sized crowd, if everybody comes. Is Lexington Park easier to get to, or Prince Frederick? I'm in Lusby, so either is equally far for me. The advantage for Lexington Park that I can see is, more places to go that are nearby, both before, and after.

Since it's still early - let's plan to meet at Northridge next Saturday around 6-ish, and head to the theater about 20-30 minutes before the movie to beat the crowd and so we can all sit near each other.

(Oh - for those who don't know - Northridge is on 235, on the right. Next to the what, Best Western? Is that what is there? Anyway, a short distance past the Wal-Mart).

All plans are fluid, of course. We'll see as it goes......

Vicki

Well, so far the only theater listed as playing SpiderMan is in Prince Fredrick. The times are 5pm, 7:35 and 10:10. Think we can catch dinner at the Red Hot and Blue around 5 before the movie? Any other ideas??

Frank

Chairman of the Board
In the past, the times for Lexington Park were up by Wednesday afternoon, and they'd be crazy not to run Spiderman. But if they aren't up by the end of today, I think that's a good idea. 5 is ok by me, but it might be too early for some. We'll see what develops.

Vicki

Well, whattya know, it IS playing in Lex. park at: 12pm,1,3,4,6,7,9 and 10pm.
Eat first then see a movie or see the movie then eat?
Or eat, movie, eat again. All those options are good for me! :biggrin:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I think we need another show of hands to see who can make it Saturday. We  may or may not grab something to eat or drink first - I'm personally in favor of just having a drink and talking (since most of us will be new) but I guess it will depend on who can come, and how early they can arrive.

So if we want to see the 7pm show, if we grab something to eat we will need about an hour and a half to two hours early (because of slow service, late arrivals, line at the theater etc). If people can't arrive that early, then we can just meet for drinks at say, 6, and then go over.

Hey, I *am* going if I have to go alone, so there'll be at least one person for certain.

So, is everyone still on?

R

RFM

I'm still in, time is not a factor so just let me know. I live in California so it is just a skip away.

BTW- I did say that I would have my two daughters with me didn't I.

BudoPo

I'll be there, most likely (90% chance).  I prefer to eat before the movie for these things, but either way is ok with me.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Ok, well.....if people *can* meet as early as five, then we should consider getting something to eat. I don't have a big preference, but obviously we should choose something reasonably close where we can get fast service, and where we can all sit comfortably. I'm not the slightest bit fussy when it comes to food - as Vicki can attest (and my gut, as well). But people have their preferences.

I know that Vicki likes that Italian place right by the theater (name eludes me). That would be very convenient. But we could still meet at Northridge, because at that time of day? there's nobody there on a Saturday afternoon. Since we'll all be meeting for the first time, I think it's best not to make elaborate plans. (But I want a place that serves *beer*).

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
My daughter has a Pony Club function from 3-5 in Upper Marlboro, but we can try to leave by 4:30! I'm trailering a horse, so I'll have to stop at home to unload first, and St. Mary's is about 30 min. from Pr. Fred, so I don't think I can make it much before 6...

I might be bringing along my daughter and her boyfriend, depending...

Now you guys know why my social life is limited to infrequent trips to Lowe's...