PDA

View Full Version : new here

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi I'm new here and I have a problem. My friend said there was lots of free advice on here and I should ask my prolem on here. Me and my boyfriend just broke up and I'm not going to see him anymore but my daughter misses him a lot. I want her to have a good relatonship with him because were going to get married but I don't want her to miss him. When we broke up before I always dated some other people until we got back together and my daughter didnt seem to mind. What should I tell my duaghter happened? Thx.

Toxick
06-04-2004, 10:39 AM
What a cute little troll.

Does it do any tricks?

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 10:41 AM
:bunny:

fddog
06-04-2004, 10:42 AM
CC, tell the child he is paying what?:bubble:

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 10:42 AM
well I just wanted sime advice about my daughter and my boyfreind.

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
fddog I'm not sure what you mean

Chasey_Lane
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by RoxyGirl
well I just wanted sime advice about my daughter and my boyfreind. Sure you did. :poorbaby:

Vince
06-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Can ya'll stop pickin on the newbies? And Rose, can you pleez tell me what the hell the dayum rabbit with the pancake on his head is???:confused: :stupid:

Chasey_Lane
06-04-2004, 10:46 AM
fddog I'm not sure what you mean Dear Roxy,

Why would you let *cough* strangers give you advice on a subject they know *cough* nothing of? :confused:

Love,

Chasey

unixpirate
06-04-2004, 10:46 AM
First. Take a course in ebonics.. OH!! You already did.

Its spelling time. "problem" not "prolem" then its "my boyfriend and I".

Ok I'll stop..

:cool:

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Vince
Can ya'll stop pickin on the newbies? And Rose, can you pleez tell me what the hell the dayum rabbit with the pancake on his head is???:confused: :stupid: What newbie? :shrug:

Pete
06-04-2004, 10:47 AM
And Rose, can you pleez tell me what the hell the dayum rabbit with the pancake on his head is???:confused: :stupid: I think it is rabbit crepe`s sushi style

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Chasey_Lane my friend i on here and she said I should ask my question so I did. It old you the situation and was just hoping someoen could help me.

SeaRide
06-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Me and my boyfriend just broke up and I'm not going to see him anymore but my daughter misses him a lot.
so...?

I want her to have a good relatonship with him because were going to get married but I don't want her to miss him.
are you talking about two different guys? you are going to marry guy #2 but your daughter miss guy #1?

When we broke up before I always dated some other people until we got back together and my daughter didnt seem to mind.
back together again?

What should I tell my duaghter happened? Thx.
daughter happened? you mean how you were knocked up by accident or what?

Toxick
06-04-2004, 10:51 AM
well I just wanted sime advice about my daughter and my boyfreind.

Sure you did.

Here's my advice. Give your ex-boyfriend custody - unless he's a loser. If he is, give custody to your parents.

Then go to college.

Christy
06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi I'm new here and I have a problem. My friend said there was lots of free advice on here and I should ask my prolem on here. Me and my boyfriend just broke up and I'm not going to see him anymore but my daughter misses him a lot. I want her to have a good relatonship with him because were going to get married but I don't want her to miss him. When we broke up before I always dated some other people until we got back together and my daughter didnt seem to mind. What should I tell my duaghter happened? Thx.

Bucky or Ray? :confused:

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Christy
Bucky or Ray? :confused: :lol:

citysherry

:ding!::ding!::ding!: And the first candidate for the “Dumb Single Mom of the Year Award” has been identified.

Vince
Originally posted by RoseRed
What newbie? :shrug: :killingme OK, but I still hate that wabbit.

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 10:56 AM
:killingme OK, but I still hate that wabbit. Dagnabbit, now you gave me an earworm. Kill de Wabbit.... :tantrum:

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi Toxick but my boyfriend isn't my daughters dad. That's a differnet guy. I love my boyfirned but its not working out so we broke up and he got another apartment. We broke up before a few times and got back together but now its for good. We'll probably get married some day and so thats what I tell my daughter but we're broke up for now until them. I already went to college that's how I got my job.

Chasey_Lane
06-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Kill de Wabbit.... :tantrum: Take out the batteries...:shrug:

Vince
06-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
Take out the batteries...:shrug: But the dayum thing still keeps going, and going and going and going........:biggrin:

RoseRed
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
Take out the batteries...:shrug: :lol:

justhangn
Try the unheard of thing called the truth.......

Tell your daughter that there will be plenty of swinging Richards in your life from now on and she'll just have to lose all hope of having a normal childhood..........but therapy later on in life, though very expensive, will fix most of her problems.

:yay:

mainman
06-04-2004, 11:01 AM
We broke up before a few times and got back together but now its for good. We'll probably get married some day and so thats what I tell my daughter but we're broke up for now until them. I hope this link helps you (http://www.drug-rehabs.org/bystate.php?state=Maryland)

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi citysherry Why do you think I'm dumb? Or did I misunderatand? Me and my boygriend were going to get married and we lived together ofr awhile a bunch of different times except when thins weren;t working out and we'd break up.

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi justhangn I tell her the truth that we're broke up and hes not goign to live here anymore and not going to be her dad. But she's only 5 so I'm not sure how mucj she understands.

Chasey_Lane
06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Dear Roxy,

If you went to "college" how come you can't spell for shiznit? Please use a spellchecker/dictionary/thesaurus before clicking the 'submit' button.

Love,

Chasey

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi mainman thank you for the link but hes not a druggie. It's just not working out with us because he's dumb and my daughter and me deserve better. IF me and my boyfriend get back togeter my daughter will be happy but it's not happeneing right now and I'm goign to date some other people.

Pete
06-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by justhangn
Try the unheard of thing called the truth.......

Tell your daughter that there will be plenty of swinging Richards in your life from now on and she'll just have to lose all hope of having a normal childhood..........but therapy later on in life, though very expensive, will fix most of her problems.

:yay: :twitch:

mainman
06-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi mainman thank you for the link but hes not a druggie. It's just not working out with us because he's dumb and my daughter and me deserve better. IF me and my boyfriend get back togeter my daughter will be happy but it's not happeneing right now and I'm goign to date some other people. You are welcome and the link is for you, not him...:smile:

Toxick
06-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Dagnabbit, now you gave me an earworm. Kill de Wabbit.... :tantrum:

In the dead of night,
A shimmering wight,
Gweam of a bwade,
And the devil is paid.

When the ax comes down,
A chiwwing sound,
Steel hits the head,
another wabbit's dead!

I'm a wabbit swayer!
A guitar pwayer!
With a nasty habit!
KILL THE WABBIT!

huh-huh-huh-huh-huh

I'm a mean mistweater,
A wabbit feaster,
And I pwedict,
a bwoody easter!

A scuwwying shadow,
And the shadow wants to stab it,
And the night air echoes
KILL THE WABBIT!

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi justhangn I tell her the truth that we're broke up and hes not goign to live here anymore and not going to be her dad. But she's only 5 so I'm not sure how mucj she understands.

A LOT more than you think.......

IF you are real and not some poor excuse for attention.........I'll tell you this.......

The kids are the ones that suffer in a bad relationship, they hear every cross word and every verbal sparring that goes on........Tell her how much better off you'll be without that kind of behavior in the house.

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Toxick
In the dead of night, :bonk:

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:12 AM
DRUGS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM All I want to know is what to tell my daughter about my boyriend and me breaking up. She already know he doesn't libe here anymore. When he'd move out begfore and then we'd get back together it was fine. But this time it's for good and my daughter thinsk he'll be back. How do I tell her he won't be backa nd we won't get married? And then what do I tell ehr if we do get back together and we do get married? It's not drugs/

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Thank you justhangn. That's what I told her. That we're better off without that jerk and that she'll get a better dad than him.

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank you justhangn. That's what I told her. That we're better off without that jerk and that she'll get a better dad than him.

Just be sure to prepare her for the array of "new dads" that's going to be flowing through the door.

Elle
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Hi mainman thank you for the link but hes not a druggie. It's just not working out with us because he's dumb and my daughter and me deserve better. IF me and my boyfriend get back togeter my daughter will be happy but it's not happeneing right now and I'm goign to date some other people.

I'm sure there is a whole book to go along with this little story but from what you've posted I think you are the one with the problem, not him. You just said that you and your daughter deserve better than him but yet if you get back together... Have you ever thought of how this revolving door syndrome you have will affect your daughter.

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Just be sure to prepare her for the array of "new dads" that's going to be flowing through the door. Just think how much she will learn! :cheesy:

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Just think how much she will learn! :cheesy:

:yay: You know it.........

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cariblue
Roxy, did TIGGER tell you to post here? :gossip: I think it IS Tigglet.

citysherry
06-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi citysherry Why do you think I'm dumb? Or did I misunderatand? Me and my boygriend were going to get married and we lived together ofr awhile a bunch of different times except when thins weren;t working out and we'd break up.

A mother's first responsibility is to the child.:dork: Being a mom is more than just feeding and clothing your children. This means that their needs, safety and, sometimes even their desires, come before your or anyone else. Remember, your daughter didn't ask to be born, it was your "act" that brought her here, so don't slight her by not properly meeting her needs.

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 11:19 AM
:gossip: I think it IS Tigglet. Honeymoons over? :shrug:

Toxick
DRUGS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM All I want to know is what to tell my daughter about my boyriend and me breaking up. She already know he doesn't libe here anymore. When he'd move out begfore and then we'd get back together it was fine. But this time it's for good and my daughter thinsk he'll be back. How do I tell her he won't be backa nd we won't get married? And then what do I tell ehr if we do get back together and we do get married? It's not drugs/

http://users.gmpexpress.net/~ecker/Images/sucks.gif

CMC122
:gossip: I think it IS Tigglet. I think it's a pot stirrer that has nothing to do with Tigger.

RoxyGirl
06-04-2004, 11:21 AM
citysherry I always put my dughter first. That's why I wanted to ask about what yo say to her about me and my boyfriend.

cariblue my friend;s name is Alicia.

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by CMC122
I think it's a pot stirrer that has nothing to do with Tigger.

Are you implying that this newest abuser is just another board member trying to get solicited advice?? :yikes:

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Are you implying that this newest abuser is just another board member trying to get solicited advice?? :yikes: Never. That does not happen here. Puhlease.

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Are you implying that someone is too chicken to ask for advice under their usual user name?

Only if your implying that there was actually SOME intelligence in this thread from the get go.

Hot N Bothered
06-04-2004, 11:26 AM
Thank you justhangn. That's what I told her. That we're better off without that jerk and that she'll get a better dad than him. WTH??? What do you mean she'll get a "better dad" Marriage isn't about getting a father for your kid, I assume she has one already somewhere. Even if her real dad is the biggest loser on the planet, he's still her dad and she shouldn't see your dating as shopping around for a father for her. That's a surefire way to create a disaster and call it a marriage.

If you want a man, find one that makes you happy. If a kid can see that mom is happy and in a stable relationship, it sets an example for her to follow when she grows up. Kids need stability, they need to know that their parents/parent-figures will be there for them. If she starts thinking of some fly-by-night loser as a dad and he leaves and is replaced by another and another, she's going to start wondering when she'll be getting a new mom too. She won't trust you to be there for her.

If you find a man who loves you for yourself, he'll accept your child as a part of you. But until you do find such a man, IF you do, don't parade a bunch of losers in front of your daughter as potential father candidates.

mainman
06-04-2004, 11:28 AM
well hypothetically speaking...ooops wrong tread...:blushing:

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by mainman
well hypothetically speaking...ooops wrong tread...:blushing:

It’s all good MM, one fallacy is as good as the next

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Are you implying that someone is too chicken to ask for advice under their usual user name? Oh no. I'm saying someone is being a jackazz to make someone else look bad. Someone with a sad and pathetic life.

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Oh no. I'm saying someone is being a jackazz to make someone else look bad.

NOW NOW, THAT never happens here.......:duh:

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:37 AM
NOW NOW, THAT never happens here.......:duh: Well that MUST be true since I did read it on the internet.

huntr1
06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Dagnabbit, now you gave me an earworm. Kill de Wabbit.... :tantrum: Maybe this will help you... (http://home.no.net/zarias2/kill_the_wabbit.htm)

crabcake
06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Well that MUST be true since I did read it on the internet.

you should've been around then when the old somd private forum was rolling :roflmao: now there were some interesting "internet facts".

Toxick
06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
NOW NOW, THAT never happens here.......:duh:

Then I say we hijack this mother ####er!

I'll give you some topics:
Rhode Island, it's not a road, nor an island...discuss!

A thigh-master is neither a thigh nor a master, discuss amongst yourselves.

Diamond Shamrock sells neither diamonds nor shamrocks…discuss.

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by crabcake
you should've been around then when the old somd private forum was rolling :roflmao: now there were some interesting "internet facts". :really: Really.

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Toxick
Then I say we hijack this mother ####er!

I'll give you some topics:
Rhode Island, it's not a road, nor an island...discuss!

A thigh-master is neither a thigh nor a master, discuss amongst yourselves.

Diamond Shamrock sells neither diamonds nor shamrocks…discuss. I had a thigh master:lol:

crabcake
06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
I had a thigh master:lol:

me too, but he got tired too fast and couldn't keep up. :ohwell:

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:47 AM
I had a thigh master:lol:

There's one at the house too, I'm sure the wench will sell it to you, never used, like new.

Elle
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
me too, but he got tired too fast and couldn't keep up. :ohwell:

So those pm's about :gossip: I got were right:yikes:

crabcake
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
:yikes:

that's what I said. he was a cop and in good shape, so you'd think he would have been able to hang. but he fell short .... wayyyyyyyyyy short. :ohwell:

CMC122
06-04-2004, 11:50 AM
There's one at the house too, I'm sure the wench will sell it to you, never used, like new. Never used :roflmao: I worked mine like crazy when I had it though.

justhangn
06-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Never used :roflmao: I worked mine like crazy when I had it though.

The kids played with it more than it ever saw the actual service it was to provide........

My son used to sit on it and bounce up and down like a spring board with it until it would slip out from under him. :lmao:

huntr1
06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
that's what I said. he was a cop and in good shape, so you'd think he would have been able to hang. but he fell short .... wayyyyyyyyyy short. :ohwell: I thought he was a fireman?

crabcake
06-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by huntr1
I thought he was a fireman?

oh, him too. :lol:

Nanny Pam
06-04-2004, 11:56 AM
that's what I said. he was a cop and in good shape, so you'd think he would have been able to hang. but he fell short .... wayyyyyyyyyy short. :ohwell:

OH NO YOU "DINT"

:roflmao:

crabcake
06-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Nanny Pam
OH NO YOU "DINT"

:roflmao:

:high5: I thought you'd get a chuckle out of that! :wink:

CMC122
06-04-2004, 12:03 PM
DAMN!

Sharon
06-04-2004, 12:50 PM
you should've been around then when the old somd private forum was rolling now there were some interesting "internet facts". As I remember, a certain someone felt the need to blab "private" thoughts that someone had posted, to the person they were about...which started a big stink.

crabcake
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
that's what I recall hearing too.

Christy
06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Sharon
As I remember, a certain someone felt the need to blab "private" thoughts that someone had posted, to the person they were about...which started a big stink.

Will you two stop hijacking Roxy's tread. :tantrum I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. Bucky or Ray? :confused:

justhangn
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Will you two stop hijacking Roxy's tread. :tantrum I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. Bucky or Ray? :confused:

J

Christy
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
J

:confused: I am blonde you know. :blushing:

Sharon
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I still haven't gotten an answer to my question. Bucky or Ray? :confused: Maybe it's both. One is the bebe's daddy and the other is the BF. :shrug:

Christy
06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Sharon
Maybe it's both. One is the bebe's daddy and the other is the BF. :shrug:

Oooooh, good observation. Why didn't I think of that? :confused:

But anyway, since everyone is putting in their two cents, here's mine, and I'm sure I'll be smacked around for it, and I've never been in the situation of really "dating" with children, BUT I think if I were to ditch Steve tomorrow and be out on the market again, I don't think I'd even live with a man until I'd married him. I'd have the man around the house ONLY as a friend. My 1st divorce was a very amicable one and we're still friendly in front of my son, but it's still a weird situation for a kid to be in, and adding one more weird situation is something I wouldn't want to do.
:shrug:

Elle
06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Bucky or Ray?

What about Shane? Why does everyone always leave out good ole Shane:confused:

huntr1
06-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I think if I were to ditch Steve tomorrow and be out on the market again, I don't think I'd even live with a man until I'd married him. I'd have the man around the house ONLY as a friend. Otherwise you are just ASKING to eff up the head of the munchkin.

Pete
06-04-2004, 02:34 PM

But anyway, since everyone is putting in their two cents, here's mine, and I'm sure I'll be smacked around for it, and I've never been in the situation of really "dating" with children, BUT I think if I were to ditch Steve tomorrow and be out on the market again, I don't think I'd even live with a man until I'd married him. I'd have the man around the house ONLY as a friend. My 1st divorce was a very amicable one and we're still friendly in front of my son, but it's still a weird situation for a kid to be in, and adding one more weird situation is something I wouldn't want to do.
:shrug: This means I would only be allowed to "drop in" and not stay the night?

Steve
06-04-2004, 02:40 PM

:shrug:

If Christy were to ditch me tomorrow, I'd just like the women to know that I'm a "puss magnet", in case you hadn't heard. :biggrin:

pixiegirl
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Steve
If Christy were to ditch me tomorrow, I'd just like the women to know that I'm a "puss magnet", in case you hadn't heard. :biggrin:

:roflmao: I heard.

Steve
06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by pixiegirl
:roflmao: I heard.

Fantastic! Now go and spread the word!:getdown:

Pete
06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Fantastic! Now go and spread the word!:getdown: :confused: and how did your mojo get so strong oh great one.

Christy
06-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Fantastic! Now go and spread the word!:getdown:

:lmao: Make sure you spread it on to the rich ladies, the Theresa Heinz version, he'll need a sugar mamma to pay his child support and alimony. :lol:

luvyameanit. :kiss:

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 02:55 PM
:lmao: Make sure you spread it on to the rich ladies, the Theresa Heinz version, he'll need a sugar mamma to pay his child support and alimony. :lol:

luvyameanit. :kiss: :lmao:

Steve
06-04-2004, 02:57 PM

luvyameanit. :kiss:

No, your new baby daddy will take care of that.

Steve
06-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Pete
:confused: and how did your mojo get so strong oh great one.

Ever since I tied for DILF, I guess. I never thought that winning that contest would have changed my life as much as it has. I'm getting double the tang I was getting before.

Christy
06-04-2004, 03:01 PM
No, your new baby daddy will take care of that.

Bucky or Ray? :confused:

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by kwillia
:shocking: I thought you got rid of the maid...:confused: Maybe he bought Christy the uniform? :confused:

Christy
06-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Maybe he bought Christy the uniform? :confused:

Well that would be false advertising now wouldn't it? He might actually get it in his head that I like to clean. :shocking:

RoseRed
06-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Well that would be false advertising now wouldn't it? He might actually get it in his head that I like to clean. :shocking: Maybe he just likes it when you fluff his pillows. :wink:

Steve
06-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Well that would be false advertising now wouldn't it? He might actually get it in his head that I like to clean. :shocking:

No, I'd never make that mistake. :biggrin:

Christy
06-04-2004, 05:26 PM
No, I'd never make that mistake. :biggrin:

I'm white collar baby, why should I lower my status to do manual labor when there a bazillion illegals out there in need of employment? :duh:

huntr1
06-05-2004, 09:38 AM
He might actually get it in his head that I like to clean. :shocking: That's why they are called fantasies.