Super Size Me

Toxick

Splat
"Super Size Me" is the indie feature documentary that chronicles writer-producer-director-star Spurlock's own deteriorating health upon embarking on a 30-day regimen during which he ate only McDonald's food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Spurlock's weight ballooned. His cholesterol zoomed. His liver began to rebel. His libido went south. But perhaps most surprising, in the wake of his fast-food binge, Spurlock's waistline wasn't the only thing that fattened. So has his wallet.

Read entire article

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Just say no...

the fast food industry targets kids from such a young age
IMO they should blame obesity on the lazy parents who take their kids there. :rolleyes: I never got into the fast-food habit growing up nor passed it along to my children.

Toxick

Splat
Re: Just say no...

Originally posted by Sharon
IMO they should blame obesity on the lazy parents who take their kids there. :rolleyes: I never got into the fast-food habit growing up nor passed it along to my children.

I agree. I don't blame McDonald's.

However, I fully support awareness about what that kind of food does to the human body, and I hope this movie raises that awareness.

Maybe then we'll have fewer slobbering idiots trying to sue McDonalds for making them fat. :dork:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Just say no...

Originally posted by Toxick

I fully support awareness about what that kind of food does to the human body

Think they'll throw a HOT coffee segment in there too? :roflmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:whistle: I'm not saying a word.... :lol:

My parents were terrible when I was growing up. I didn't know how to cook anything besides mac and cheese and ramen noodles when I moved out at 19. Thank God I got the skinny gene and didn't end up a lard ass. My brother on the other hand is 28 and a fat ass because he doesn't take care of himself now. I'm a food Nazi now. Noah gets very little junk and barely any fast food. He get fruit for snacks, crackers (not chips) and thinks that these are treats. The good thing is he's already grown a distaste (is that a word?) for a lot of the junk. B's mom tried to give him a fruit roll up and he doesn't like them. :biggrin: I wish he wanted to drink juice more though. He always wants whatever the adults are having be it coke, beer, whatever.

C

czygvtwkr

Watch the coke, at my worst I was drinking a 12 pack a day. Since I went on Atkins I drink at most 2 cans a day of diet...if that.

Danzig

NOW ON DVD

I'm watching it now.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, What did you think of it?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Danzig said:
NOW ON DVD

I'm watching it now.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, What did you think of it?
Just watched it last night. It was a little kooky but everyone should watch it just for the basic information it provides.:yay:

B

baswm

I liked the test they did on the different fries and burgers. After several weeks, the McDonalds burger still looked halfway fresh from all the junk they add.

R

rdonthehd

BuddyLee said:
Just watched it last night. It was a little kooky but everyone should watch it just for the basic information it provides.:yay:
I agree...
I watched it a while ago. My boyfriend couldn't watch it after the guy found a hair in his salad and then later barfed in the parking lot. Didn't bother me though, someone could barf while I was eating and I'd still keep eating.
The info was good, even some of the school cafeteria info was good. I like that he went to a school for bad kids and he showed that because of the good food they were eating, the kids were less likely to get into trouble. I've been trying to get my guy to eat healthier and not run to pills everytime he's got a problem, but instead use food to heal like I do. I just feel like crap if I take medicine or eat out at fast food a lot... ya know??

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
BuddyLee said:
Great film. Spurlock's doctors expected his cholesterol to go up. But they didn't expect his liver to turn to mush. And they didn't expect him to have an endorphin reaction to the fast food, which meant he was becoming chemically addicted to it.

Goofing_Off

The fact is that no person should be eating at a fast food restaurant constantly if they want to stay healthy, but eating there everyone once in awhile does no harm. People just as well could be cooking tons of unhealthy food in their own kitchens. Moreover, as far as kitchen conditions, you'd be hard pressed to find a restaurant that doesn't have something unsanitary going on in it. I've worked in a few, and I know. There are good ones and bad ones, and when you go out you take your chances.