crabbing

D

dems4me

Where are the crabs running this time of year? I didn't have much luck in the Patuxent (by Magruder's Ferry) or much closer by the power lines... is it too early? I understand after July 4th is ideal, but I can't wait that long and crabs are way too expensive and their large males are no longer large :shrug:

SeaRide

I've been catching enough crabs near Benedict on Patuxent river. My Papaw went up the river pass the power plant yesterday morning using trotline w/ chicken necks and caught 3/4 bushel by 11am.

A friend of mine caught plenty (3 bushels for 3 adults) in Breton Bay(launch from Abell Wharf) during the memorial day weekend.

nomoney

Originally posted by kwillia
Here ya go, nomoney... I was gonna give it to Stang girl to use, but you can use it.... :smile:

thumb.sge.cmd88.080604170646.photo00.default-356x287.jpg

its too big :shrug:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by appyday
Let me know when you catch some..I'll come help you eat them. I will bring the :cheers:

If you are serious about that... I may take you up on your offer. :cheers: :biggrin:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by SeaRide
I've been catching enough crabs near Benedict on Patuxent river. My Papaw went up the river pass the power plant yesterday morning using trotline w/ chicken necks and caught 3/4 bushel by 11am.

A friend of mine caught plenty (3 bushels for 3 adults) in Breton Bay(launch from Abell Wharf) during the memorial day weekend.

That sounds great... how long was his trot line? I think I was going to fast... I couldn't remember exactly how I did it last year. Come to find out from crabbing buddy that I'm supposed to use the trolling motor - not the power motor.... I'll try again in the Patuxent, and after an hour or two and no crabs, I may run up to Abell Wharf... where is that?:confused:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by kwillia
Here ya go, nomoney... I was gonna give it to Stang girl to use, but you can use it.... :smile:

thumb.sge.cmd88.080604170646.photo00.default-356x287.jpg

What the heck is that :confused: Is that one of appy's snipes:confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by dems4me
...and after an hour or two and no crabs, I may run up to Abell Wharf... where is that?:confused:
Yeah, that's what you should do. :killingme

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Ken King
Yeah, that's what you should do. :killingme

:blushing: I don't get it :shrug: is there no Abell wharf :shrug: I wasn't talking about running with the boat -- I'd trailor it and then drive up there:confused:

Ken King

PREMO Member
:blushing: I don't get it :shrug: is there no Abell wharf :shrug: I wasn't talking about running with the boat -- I'd trailor it and then drive up there:confused:
There is an Abell's Wharf. I'm laughing at the thought of a person crabbing the Patuxent by boat for a couple hours, loading up and driving about an hour (depending on where you have to put your boat in and take it out, maybe longer) and then going into an unfamiliar body of water to try their luck again.

You've got to see the humor in that. BTW Abell's Wharf is on Breton Bay.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Ken King
There is an Abell's Wharf. I'm laughing at the thought of a person crabbing the Patuxent by boat for a couple hours, loading up and driving about an hour (depending on where you have to put your boat in and take it out, maybe longer) and then going into an unfamiliar body of water to try their luck again.

You've got to see the humor in that. BTW Abell's Wharf is on Breton Bay.

:lol: Where is Bretton Bay?

Ken King

PREMO Member
:lol: Where is Bretton Bay?
You're an experienced boater in these parts, huh? Off the Potomac - Leonardtown. Just a short distance from St. Clements Island (aka Blackistone Island).