Toy Donations

pelers

Any suggestions on where I can donate gently used toys? I left a message with the women's shelter (that was never returned) and just emailed the pregnancy crisis center to see if they were interested.

Ohiogirl

Any suggestions on where I can donate gently used toys? I left a message with the women's shelter (that was never returned) and just emailed the pregnancy crisis center to see if they were interested.

Day care centers. Or a lot of the elementary schools have a reward system and use donated toys as rewards.

frequentflier

happy to be living
It seems to me that the *sale* of used toys was forbidden a couple years ago here in MD. Thrift stores could no longer accept toys to resell.

I don't have children or grandchildren so I don't pay much attention to such stuff. But I do look for stuffed dogs and cats that were once toys; for display: TOYS (need to make sure I am politically correct here)

It may be that the place you called cannot accept your toys as per this law. BS to me. In my generation, hand me downs were the norm and a used toy did not take away from the enjoyment of it whatsoever. But, they should have at least returned your call.

pelers

The pregnancy center emailed me back pretty quickly saying they were not able to accept toys and didn't know anyone else who could. I guess if there is a law about it that explains the utter silence I've been getting.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It seems to me that the *sale* of used toys was forbidden a couple years ago here in MD. Thrift stores could no longer accept toys to resell.

I don't have children or grandchildren so I don't pay much attention to such stuff. But I do look for stuffed dogs and cats that were once toys; for display: TOYS (need to make sure I am politically correct here)

It may be that the place you called cannot accept your toys as per this law. BS to me. In my generation, hand me downs were the norm and a used toy did not take away from the enjoyment of it whatsoever. But, they should have at least returned your call.

I recall hearing about this. I think it may have had something to do with toys that had been recalled for safety issues.

pelers

The company I work for collected gently used toys for St. Joseph's I believe. I'm not sure of the details but I can find out if you are still looking to donate.

Yes, please! If not I'll just drop them at my daycare.