I need help!!

Cowgirl

Hey y'all...I am moving to Vermont in a couple of days, and I have a problem. The person who was going to trailer my animals for me can no longer do it. I need to find a way to get my animals to Vermont. If there is anyone that would be willing to do it or let me borrow their trailer that would be great. I would be willing to pay for trailer rental. It is about a 12 hour drive. I have experience driving trailers and I'm a very good driver. If someone would also be willing to drive their own rig, I could possibly pay for that. I don't have alot of money, but would definitely cover gas/meals/tolls for the trip. I could also provide a bed for the night if the person wanted to drive home a day later. I have 7 sheep, a goat, and a donkey. I am desperate!!!! If you know of anyone, please please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
transport company

this transport company is bringing my mare to mechanicsville from Burns TN then heading to NJ (they are wonderful):
Zeigler Livestock
641-843-4351
Price is very reasonable too, little less than 400.00. :clap:

Cowgirl

Thanks for the suggestions!! Appy, I do have some money, but I'm not sure how much gas will be. After all is said and done, the profit will only be about 150-200 bucks. Not sure if anyone will do that. I really only need a trailer...I could drive my own vehicle. I'll try calling that moving company. I had the vet come out today to do health papers on my donkey...and do a coggins. It was 156 bucks. :yikes: She's not my normal vet, but she could get here quicker than my normal vet. It was a necessary evil I guess.... I appreciate y'all's (is that a redneck word or what?!)help!

Cowgirl

Hey Happy, I just called Zeigler...they said they could do it...for about $975!! :twitch: I'm gonna have to keep looking!! :cheesy:

Cowgirl

Hey Appy, thanks for checking. I think I'll have to pass on your friend's offer...I just can't afford that...I can only afford about $500. I know that if I take them myself gas won't be more than $300. I'm just going to keep looking for a trailer to borrow. I had to get the vet to come out to get a current coggins for the donkey because I didn't have one...the vet I used was the one who could come out the soonest...she was way more expensive than my normal vet. Thanks for all your help though!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Cowgirl, maybe you can have someone care for them when you move, and when you get there, find someone local who would either rent you their trailer to come back for them, come back WITH you, or you can buy a stock trailer of your own? I can't imagine life without a trailer.... :silly:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Donk the Donkey...

Is the donkey good with horses? I might be willing to give it a good home if it turns out you need one. If so, tell me about it. :whistle:

They tell me they are good at protecting the herd? Would be nice to have one for the foal, when we wean it....after it's born of course, LOL. We are fencing our foal paddock today, with heavy guage cattle fencing, so a donkey would stay in.

spinner

Donkeys are good with "their" herd but they will chase down anything unfamiliar. Like dogs and baby animals. Ours will chase our dogs, and I don't trust her in with our baby goats.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
baby goats?

Do you have pygmies by chance? My friend raises pygmies, and also has two nice nubian does she'll be breeding for a few kindergoats. All her pygmie stock is show quality, but she doesn't show them. :bawl: I tell her she should! they're cute!

Hmm....our dogs aren't conditioned to the horses yet, since where we currently live, we lease a 7 acre pasture for them, but our new place is over 25 acres, and the'll be living together....i think i WANT the donkey to chase the dogs, LOL...

I wonder if they're all different? Cowgirl's are with sheep, and i wonder if the sheepies have baby sheepies around the donkey??? :confused:

Cowgirl

Mingiz, Yep that's me!! I call him Chester now though.

Chester is pretty good with my sheep...he gets the urge every now and then to chase them so they know he's boss. Two of my ewes lambed this year, but I had them separated so he wouldn't hurt the lambs. I didn't trust him around the new babies. I just put them all together about a week ago. The lambs are weaned so they aren't that small anymore. I put the lambs in an adjacent pen so he could get used to seeing them, and so far no problems. I've heard that female donkeys are better with herds because they aren't so aggressive...they even make better protectors if they have a foal. I wouldn't even consider getting rid of him...sorry Happy!! :biggrin:

spinner

We have Nubian goats, only one pet Pygmy left...our donkey is a female but I think she would kill the baby goats, she wouldn't reconigize them as part of her herd...our cow will case down dogs and deer but didn't hurt the baby goats or lambs.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Baby Goat-ages..

i think I'm going to get 2 baby wether (spelling?) pygmies from my friend when hers have babies in the spring i think. just let them wander around. They're so cute.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Trailer

Cowgirl I sent you a private msg. Give me a call I may be able to let you use my stock trailer. Just depends on the time frame....It's the one Chester was delivered in....

Cowgirl

Vermont Bound!

YAY!! Sunday is the big departure day!! Mingiz is my hero...she's letting me use her trailer! Thanks everybody for all your help!
:clap: :dude: :getdown: :dance: :banana: :howdy: :huggy:

Cowgirl

Hey Everyone!! I just wanted to let you know the animals and I made it to Vermont safely. The animals love it so far. THanks for all your help and especially thanks to Mingiz for letting me use the trailer!