Lowes

spinner

Can anybody explain Lowes return policy to me? Why do I have to show my drivers license when returning something, I paid in cash, and I have the receipt? I was so mad...I shouldn't go into Lowes for a couple of weeks...they probably voted me witch of the week...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I think it sucks that they don't return your money to you, but instead they give you a "credit" card...sort of like a gift card (for your exact refund). If you've made a big purcha$e and need to return it and they don't have what you need, you have to spend more out of pocket money to shop someplace else.

spinner

Oh no I got my cash back or I would have went REALLY nuts. But it was their mistake and then they wanted my license. And I never even left the store with the stuff.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Maybe they were gonna call MVA on ya. :lol:

Now see, I wonder if you got cash back because you didn't leave, or if they've changed their policy. The last time we returned something (probably last year) we got the "card".

C

czygvtwkr

Sharon, did you have a receipt?

They have always given me cash back, even for the Wager Power Painter that I used and deemed a piece of crap and returned ( was cleaned out perfectly btw ).

spinner

Well they didn't ask me for my drivers license when they took my cash, and I didn't intend on buying something and returning it 10 minutes later... the woman behind me in line gave me her drivers license and I got my money back. I guess it doesn't matter whose license it is...and yes she then turn around and used it to return her items also. The managers and the cashers saw us to it.

Hot N Bothered

The computer requires a DL#, the cashier can't override that function, but the manager should be able to. It tracks who is making returns and if you are a compulsive returner, it will eventually cut you off.

I don't know why they wouldn't give you cash, if you paid cash and have a reciept. :shrug: I know some stores try to get you to take the "gift" card type thing, to try and keep the money in the store, but if you say no, they'll give you cash.

C

czygvtwkr

I heard at Christmas time Lowes looses around 30 power drills a day.

willie

If you want to really have fun, buy a new refrigerator that qualifies to be tax exempt. The register automatically rings up 5% tax but one person in the store (very slight exaggeration) knows how to bypass it. Then you return the frig and NOBODY knows how to keep from giving you back the tax you didn't pay.:confused:

mchaos

Lowes return policy

The reason they ask for a drivers license is because there are was of scamming lowes, e.g. You buy somehting at home depot, it is more expensive at lowes so you return it there, of course you can't use the depot reciept, now you can make money like this. one reason they do this is to detur you cuz you prolly want the cash, and as well they keep a database of any one who returns something with there license, so they can see if you do it allot, then they will know you are scamming. it is a ain in the ass, but it is to protect them. Also, you can get a cash refund, if you have the reciept. Also, if you don't have a reciept and you really want cash back, just make a sceen, lowes are a bunch of push overs that want to make the customer happy, they will give you cash.