Stop MS Spying???

Y

yornoc

Our Sys. Admin sent this to (some of) us but I have not tried it as yet. Has anyone tried/heard of it?

Subject: cool - MS autoupdate

So everyone knows that MS loves to spy on your computer. But would you
Like to put a stop to that? Well, add the following lines to the following file:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host

0.0.0.0 ie.search.msn.com
0.0.0.0 se.windows.com
0.0.0.0 wustat.windows.com
0.0.0.0 wutrack.windows.com
0.0.0.0 sa.windows.com

That should stop pretty much everything...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm always curious why someone would care if MS is "spying" on your computer. If MS wants to see how I use my computer and what I'm looking at on the Internet in order to develop new products that would appeal to me, more power to 'em. I have MS auto update and I love it - wouldn't dream of shutting it off.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by yornoc
Our Sys. Admin sent this to (some of) us but I have not tried it as yet. Has anyone tried/heard of it?
Maybe I am dumb, but what the heck does all this mean? :confused:

Y

yornoc

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm always curious why someone would care if MS is "spying" on your computer. If MS wants to see how I use my computer and what I'm looking at on the Internet in order to develop new products that would appeal to me, more power to 'em. I have MS auto update and I love it - wouldn't dream of shutting it off.

Maybe it's the same way some people don't like telemarketers or Jehovah’s Witness... If they want it they will go and get it...that’s just my guess!

Y

yornoc

Re: Re: Stop MS Spying???

Originally posted by RoseRed
Maybe I am dumb, but what the heck does all this mean? :confused:

Sys. Admin is short for systems administrator.

K

Kain99

Well Then!

All right the Sys Admin says he has found a way to stop Ol' Gates you from "spying" Just wondering if the Sys Admin realizes that his network is being sniffed 24/7 by people with worse intentions then our buddy Bill?

I love Idiots!