Clive Cussler's Sahara being made into film

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I didn't know that "Raise the Titanic" was an adaptation of Cussler's books. Cussler called it bad from "beginning to end". Should I bother checking it out?

Anyway... I've wondered for quite some time why Cussler's best-selling novels haven't been making it to film. His books seem custom-made for it.

With the right direction, I could see his books becoming "Bond-like" in terms of a movie series.

linkage: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405735&intl=us

I don't know about McConaughey as Pitt. He doesn't seem "manly" enough. He always comes off as kinda "girly" to me. I can't think of who I would choose, but I know it wouldn't be him. I will post another reply once I think of the actor I would prefer.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by huntr1
I don't know about McConaughey as Pitt. He doesn't seem "manly" enough. He always comes off as kinda "girly" to me. I can't think of who I would choose, but I know it wouldn't be him. I will post another reply once I think of the actor I would prefer.

What about that guy in "The Recruit" and "Phone Booth" or whatever it was called.

Matt Damon played a strong CIA agent in "Bourne Identity".

Or maybe someone older... Bruce Willis... Viggo...

The Rock was convincing in his last movie... the Buford Pusser remake... what was that? :confused:

Brad Pitt?

I'd like to see it played by someone who looks more like Pitt was described, though, and that would disqualify almost all of those except maybe Matt Damon.

Come to think of it... there doesn't seem to be many 30-something or 40-something male actors who could fill the role.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by huntr1

As an aside... McConaughey did a convincing hard-ass role in "Reign of Fire". I could see him pulling it off.

SamSpade

Originally posted by sleuth
As an aside... McConaughey did a convincing hard-ass role in "Reign of Fire". I could see him pulling it off.

Agreed. I still have a hard time believing that's him every time I see that movie. But he DID pull it off.