Chronicles of Riddick

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
A lot of people may not know that this is sequel to Pitch Black. And even though I thought Pitch Black wasn't too bad, CoR is much, much better.

Special effects were great eye-candy, the action was very good, the acting was... well... it's classic Vin Diesel. He's not that great but he has a quality that makes you keep watching (yes, even the guys).

Good, original storyline too.

:yay::yay: for this one.

Toxick

Splat
Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

Originally posted by sleuth
A lot of people may not know that this is sequel to Pitch Black. And even though I thought Pitch Black wasn't too bad, CoR is much, much better.

Pitch Black is one of my favorite all time movies. CoR is going to have to really do something cool to top that. There were three survivors at the end of PB - are either of the other 2 in CoR?

it's classic Vin Diesel. He's not that great but he has a quality that makes you keep watching (yes, even the guys).

Well, I hope it's better than Triple-X. I liked the action in that one, but on the whole it was kind of lame.

Heard an interesting story about Vin Deisel yesterday. Apparently he was at a party last week, and when he left, he left with eight - count 'em: 8 - women. And then sent for two others after they all made their way to the hotel room.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

Originally posted by Toxick
Pitch Black is one of my favorite all time movies. CoR is going to have to really do something cool to top that. There were three survivors at the end of PB - are either of the other 2 in CoR?

Well, I hope it's better than Triple-X. I liked the action in that one, but on the whole it was kind of lame.

Triple-X was terrible except for the action sequences.

I haven't seen PB in a long time, so I don't recall who the survivors were. But I did recognize the black holy man. He was in it.

There were a few characters that VD had a past with in this movie, so one of them may have been a survivor. But, although this is a sequel, it pretty much stands on its own.

You don't have to see PB to enjoy CoR

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

I haven't seen PB in a long time, so I don't recall who the survivors were. But I did recognize the black holy man. He was in it.

The Imam - played by David Keith. Another one of my favorites.

The other survivor was the girl who shaved her head. Rhiana Griffith. I just saw on IMDB, that she's not in CoR, but they apparently have an animated featurette called The Chronicals of Riddick: The Dark Fury, and she's the voice of her own character (as are Deisel and Keith).

There were a few characters that VD had a past with in this movie, so one of them may have been a survivor. But, although this is a sequel, it pretty much stands on its own.[/B]

It would have to stand on it's own, unless they are back on the same planet, or the raptor-things followed them somehow.

But I think that Riddicks past was alluded to enough in PB so that a sequel without the raptors on that planet could be pulled off, without seeming contrived. I can't wait to see this one.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

The Imam - played by David Keith. Another one of my favorites.

The other survivor was the girl who shaved her head. Rhiana Griffith. I just saw on IMDB, that she's not in CoR, but they apparently have an animated featurette called The Chronicals of Riddick: The Dark Fury, and she's the voice of her own character (as are Deisel and Keith).

There was a dark-haired woman named "Jack" in this one that VD had a history with, something about him leaving her behind. She had changed her name to "Kyra" since they last knew each other 5 years prior.

She was gorgeous.

I don't know if she is the girl you're talking about here or not.

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Re: Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

There was a dark-haired woman named "Jack" in this one that VD had a history with, something about him leaving her behind. She had changed her name to "Kyra" since they last knew each other 5 years prior.

Jack - that's what the girl called herself in PB. Perhaps it's the same character, but a different actress.

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

I just saw on IMDB, that she's not in CoR, but they apparently have an animated featurette called The Chronicals of Riddick: The Dark Fury, and she's the voice of her own character (as are Deisel and Keith).

check it out here

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I liked Pitch Black.

CoR wasn't too bad, but it's not one of those excellent movies. I'd have rather watched it at home on DVD because it's 2 hours long. It had some good action shots, but I could've done without the fakey ones. It was just kind of weird.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

Jack - that's what the girl called herself in PB. Perhaps it's the same character, but a different actress.

Yes, it is her. She is older and great looking now - and franly, she kicks better ass than VD. :really: