'Always a happy ending'

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.laweekly.com/informer/20...llboard-near-lax-offends-some-asian-americans

It's a nightlife theme park where the Disney princesses dress as R-rated geishas. That's bad enough for some Asian Americans. But a billboard near LAX is straight-up racist in the eyes of some.

Affinity China CEO Christine Lu, who uses LAX a lot to travel overseas as part of the business investment firm, this week spotted Tao's "Always a Happy Ending" billboard for the second time and tweeted it out to the world, including to L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, in disgust:

Happy ending, of course, refers to the sexual denouement at some illicit massage parlors. The billboard's image of a woman's back, covered in Chinese tattoos, drives the sexual point home.

This_person

http://www.laweekly.com/informer/20...llboard-near-lax-offends-some-asian-americans

It's a nightlife theme park where the Disney princesses dress as R-rated geishas. That's bad enough for some Asian Americans. But a billboard near LAX is straight-up racist in the eyes of some.

Affinity China CEO Christine Lu, who uses LAX a lot to travel overseas as part of the business investment firm, this week spotted Tao's "Always a Happy Ending" billboard for the second time and tweeted it out to the world, including to L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, in disgust:

Happy ending, of course, refers to the sexual denouement at some illicit massage parlors. The billboard's image of a woman's back, covered in Chinese tattoos, drives the sexual point home.
What's inherently sexual about the Chinese tattoos? Miss Lu sounds inherently racist to me for that assumption.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
What's inherently sexual about the Chinese tattoos? Miss Lu sounds inherently racist to me for that assumption.

Perhaps the message spelled out on the back of disrobed lady is what Miss Lu objects to. Though one would expect the press to have had the message interpreted by now if that was the problem.

officeguy

Typical california hubub about nothing.

They are marketing to chinese customers. I wonder what the letters/symbols on the chicks back actually say.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Didn't bother to look did you?

tao.jpg