Ferrets

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm thinking about getting a ferret. A friend of mine has a female (sable color) that he no longer has time for and offered her to me. She's 3 years old, and a sweetie even though she's not a cuddle bug. :ohwell:

Are there concerns I should be aware before taking her in? I hear they stink even after they've been descented. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by appyday
Chasey..we love ours..you and your kiddo will have a blast with her if she is a nice one...let me know if you need any help..they are cheap to take care of IMO..get her...love appyday 495099
:duh: Is there an animal you would NOT have? :lol:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by mainman
nasty bastards...
A roommate I had many years ago had them things. They were awful. You couldn't go around without shoes on because they had a foot fetish:ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A friend of mine had a ferret and she was just like a cat. But she used to get weird (and expensive) skin diseases.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Famous last words from ferret owners (and iguanas too)...

It doesn't bite. :rolleyes:

Nanny Pam

Crabcake had one when she was a kid. That ba$tard was on a constant "seek & destroy" mission.

I agree with MM.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Memories of having a ferret in college:

All my pens and pencils were stashed under couches.

She used the litterbox (sometimes) ewww.

Good for stealing small change during poker parties (see pens and pencils).

Hysterical to watch when playing with a baloon.

Didn't start attacking feet until Dee brought the cat into the house. For some reason having the dogs around didn't make her aggressive, but the cat did.

When she ran, her back feet went faster than her front feet and so she bounced around the room like crazy.

Should you get one? I don't know what your life is like, but she was alright for me at that point. I wouldn't own one now because of how I live. The kids make enough mess with the help of a ferret.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I LOVE ferrets, but they do stink and crap more than any other animal I've ever owned. Be prepared to constantly be cleaning up poo.

Our ferret used newspapers to do his business, we tried the litter box, but he just thought that was a playground and flung litter all over the place, but never went to the bathroom in it.

K

Katie

Originally posted by appyday
Had a huge one for years...loved him...

Why you all be hating so much...Chasey try her..mine is box trained and we clean the box 2 X week. She plays with the dogs and cat. she is a trip to watch. If she is a nice one you would enjoy. Give it a try she wont cost you up front. If she does not work out find her another home..good luck

She is SO much fun to watch with the dogs. :biggrin: