'Mr. Right' Is in No Hurry

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
NEW YORK - There's good news and bad news for aspiring brides: Many young men still want to marry, but most prefer to put it off until they are good and ready.

"Most men are the marrying kind," said Barbara Dafoe Whitehead, a director of the National Marriage Project at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

But she added: "The trend is to put marriage off."

A report by the group released on Wednesday found 49 percent of single heterosexual men between 25 and 34 would tie the knot tomorrow if the right woman came along. But 53 percent said they are not interested in getting hitched any time soon.

However, a sizable number -- 22 percent of single men -- said marriage just isn't for them. They are more likely to distrust women over past relationships, worry about the risks of divorce and fear losing their personal freedom.

Guys just wanna have fun...

C

cmdrfunk

I tend not to like married people (even a lot of just dating people) too much because they act way too much like a single person that I end up not even inviting them to hang out anymore because it's too much of a hassle.

Even when we do hang out the wife (or even girlfriend) is usually involved somehow.

I fear that when i'm older it's going to be even worse when friends start to have kids too.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by jazz lady

"Most men are the marrying kind," said Barbara Dafoe Whitehead, a director of the National Marriage Project at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

But she added: "The trend is to put marriage off."

:yeahthat:

I'm way too immature to commit my whole life to one person right now. Not that I would cheat or anything I just dont see myself getting married any time in the near future.

Ponytail

Re: Re: 'Mr. Right' Is in No Hurry

Originally posted by BuddyLee
:yeahthat:

I'm way too immature to commit my whole life to one person right now...

That feeling doesn't change. Don't fight it though. Basque in all it's glory. :biggrin:

Do what I do...keep yourself far enough in debt, so that you can't afford to get married. :lol: Then, you don't become a statistic in a stupid college poll like that one. :wink:

H

HollowSoul

Originally posted by cmdrfunk
I tend not to like married people (even a lot of just dating people) too much because they act way too much like a single person that I end up not even inviting them to hang out anymore because it's too much of a hassle.

Even when we do hang out the wife (or even girlfriend) is usually involved somehow.

I fear that when i'm older it's going to be even worse when friends start to have kids too.
you will find that it is MUCH worse, all of my friends that are my age allready have the family. The ones that are single are ALOT younger than me and i have no desire to go to clubs and chase after girls that are 10-15yrs younger than i