Snakeheads

K

Kizzy

I wonder if these things are a result of people flushing them down the toliet? I understand they can pretty much live in any kind of water.

The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries reports the snakehead was caught Wednesday in Little Hunting Creek, near Mount Vernon.

It's the third of the Asian species caught in the creek this year, and the seventh in the Potomac watershed.

The female fish was two or three years old - old enough to reproduce. A Virginia state employee caught her by using electric shocks that bring fish to the surface.

Officials are waiting for DNA results to see if the snakeheads are related. .

Seventh Snakehead Found in Potomac Watershed

K

Kizzy

cMarulioidesMaleBabySitting.JPG

Does that fish look like something else? :confused: Now if I could just remember what that something else is.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
With that view of the face and the colors it looks kind of like a salamander to me.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Ken King
With that view of the face and the colors it looks kind of like a salamander to me.

I thought it looked like a mean and spitting trouser snake, nomoney mentioned earlier this week in the Copperhead thread. :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by IM4Change
I thought it looked like a mean and spitting trouser snake,
So I take it that you go for the guys with unique tattoos or is it that you like colorful raincoats with ribs and bumps?

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Ken King
So I take it that you go for the guys with unique tattoos or is it that you like colorful raincoats with ribs and bumps?

Nope, looks like a salamander to me. :cheers: