Any suggestions??

Tina2001aniT

My daughter is having her 6th bday party in August I want to do a pool party and it will be a surprise.....I am trying to think of a good theme......Do not want any of the generic cartoon parties.....PLease offer any suggestions.....She is going to a Luau(sp?) themed party at the end of july, so that is out....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by sifl
Pregnant Before Graduation?
She's 6 :durhard:

Tina, get some sand and make a beach around the pool. You can have a sandcastle building contest and give a prize for the best one.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by Tina2001aniT
My daughter is having her 6th bday party in August I want to do a pool party and it will be a surprise.....I am trying to think of a good theme......Do not want any of the generic cartoon parties.....PLease offer any suggestions.....She is going to a Luau(sp?) themed party at the end of july, so that is out....

I would look for Disney. I would do The Little Mermain as a theme.:biggrin:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Any suggestions??

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Or Lilo and Stitch :shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
You could have a poolside Tea party. Make little fun shaped tea sammiches, and a Tea pot shaped cake. I think Michael's has plain white little tea cups and plates that the girls could decorate. Then you could get plain sunhats that the girls could decorate with some little flowers.

You could just decorate with a bunch of pretty colored streamers and balloons.
:shrug:

citysherry

I Need a Beer

I'm having a birthday pool party for my girls this August also, they'll be 7. I've purchased these small treasure chest shaped boxes. Everyone will paint and decorate their own box. Then we're going to have swimming, lunch and cake while the boxes dry. Towards the end of the party we are going to have a treasure hunt. I've been purchasing fake jewelry to hide in the yard, I've also purchased some little draw-string velvet bags that I'm going to put coins in to hide as well.

W

wmsaunders

A fun game that we play at my sons birthday party each year is to

1) blow up one balloon for each child
2) tie the balloon with a 4 foot piece of ribbon to each childs ankle.
3) have each child stand still while holding the balloon until an adult blows the whistle to begin the game.
4) the object is to have each child drop their balloon and attempt to pop the other balloons with their feet.

It's pretty funny to sit back and watch the results. Some kids are the aggressors while the others just run for their balloon's life.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Re: Any suggestions??

.....I am trying to think of a good theme......Do not want any of the generic cartoon parties.....
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Originally posted by Nickel
Or Lilo and Stitch :shrug:
:confused:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Re: Re: Re: Re: Any suggestions??

Originally posted by Nickel
:roflmao: Sometimes I skim...
Forgiveable, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Little MerMAIN suggestion wasn't a result of skimming

Tina2001aniT

I have decided it will be a pirate party.....now I am ecxited. Found a beautiful treasure chest cake to make, eye patches, swords, and pirate hats. Am going to build a "side of a boat" to put by the diving board so that it can be the plank......AND even found a rent-a-pirate!!!!! Am going next friday to see if he is any good!

......AND even found a rent-a-pirate!!!!! Am going next friday to see if he is any good!
Chasey.... I can't believe we haven't tried this yet...:yum:

Originally posted by cattitude
Hey Kwill, I thought pirates were uh...well...umm...:drama:
I don't think of them that way...:ohwell: I think of a rugged man, tanned from the sun and sea, with broad shoulders and flexing muscles aquired from hoisting sails day in and day out. He will have a sparkle in his eye from the love of life he has developed from having such a thrilling and exciting career... it's not just a job, it's an adventure. He will drift into port and that won't be a compass in his pocket, he will be truly happy to see me.

Besides pirates really dig chicks with big boobs and lots of cleavage...:shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
I don't think of them that way...:ohwell: I think of a rugged man, tanned from the sun and sea, with broad shoulders and flexing muscles aquired from hoisting sails day in and day out. He will have a sparkle in his eye from the love of life he has developed from having such a thrilling and exciting career... it's not just a job, it's an adventure. He will drift into port and that won't be a compass in his pocket, he will be truly happy to see me.
Have you watched JAWS lately? :lol: