Potomac catfish

F

fishn guy

I dont know if its the weather changes or what but Ive been catching a whole bunch of good eating cats all along the kettle bottom shoals on squid.
Everyday is 5-15lbs. and at least 6 an outing.
Get in your boats and head for the 301 bridge and catch you some fine eats....!!!!!

Vince

Get um every year up by Allens Fresh. Nice cats for fillets. Haven't gotten up there yet this year.:frown:

F

fishn guy

Originally posted by nomoney
well after a hard day of sucking off the dog; I needed to get my kids something else fun to do.

its the only way to gettem to stop humping your leg.:biggrin:

F

fishn guy

Originally posted by Vince
Get um every year up by Allens Fresh. Nice cats for fillets. Haven't gotten up there yet this year.:frown:

Allens fresh has been hit or miss. made a couple of runs there earlier in the year and didnt do as well as last year....
also there was talk of a fish kill there.

F

fishn guy

UPDATE!!!!

I will keep updating this thread as conditions change for the catfish for a while.

The rains have freshened up alot of the small creeks and what not on the potomac. williams and upper machadoc(sp?) creeks have dropped in salinity and the cats are runnin good. lots of 5 plus pound good eating cats caught on small white perch and nite crawlers. If you catch 2 fish connected together by a stringer, please PM me so I can pick it up. Fish stole it.

Small Rock are also being caught from the shore already, some in the 15 to 20 inch range.

Croakers are about done. crabs too thick in most areas to bottom fish from shore anyways. I recomend going to the wicomico river and renting a boat from quades store and going deep. Boats are pretty cheap over there.

Skates are all over the damn place so be carefull with those big pain in the asses

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

Re: UPDATE!!!!

Originally posted by fishn guy
I will keep updating this thread as conditions change for the catfish for a while.

The rains have freshened up alot of the small creeks and what not on the potomac. williams and upper machadoc(sp?) creeks have dropped in salinity and the cats are runnin good. lots of 5 plus pound good eating cats caught on small white perch and nite crawlers. If you catch 2 fish connected together by a stringer, please PM me so I can pick it up. Fish stole it.

Small Rock are also being caught from the shore already, some in the 15 to 20 inch range.

Croakers are about done. crabs too thick in most areas to bottom fish from shore anyways. I recomend going to the wicomico river and renting a boat from quades store and going deep. Boats are pretty cheap over there.

Skates are all over the damn place so be carefull with those big pain in the asses

Huge Lunker catfish at Slavens pier (mattawoman creek) :smile:

F

fishn guy

Originally posted by Liquidwrench
Ever fished for cats on the Rappahannock river? There are some real monsters there and it's not too far to drive.

Just started fishing the Rap. Not too much luck besides small chanells everyonce in a while.

Caught A nice blue on ivory soap yesterday though

Liquidwrench

Mama came from the Lake of the Ozarks. When we go to visit family, we always hit the lake for some of the biggest cats ever made. Fine fishing out west and about a two hour drive from Springfield,MO where the original Outdoor World is. Man alive, I can get lost in that place.

As for the Rap, the bassin is alot of fun as well. Just gotta watch out for them hungry bowfins though, they play hell with the plastic worms.