Mystic Tan

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yay: Very cool! I recommend this to anyone looking for a quick tan without hassle.

For those who don't know what it is, it's a spray-on tan. You strip and stand in a booth and these little jets spray you up and down, giving you even coverage and hitting those hard to reach spots like your back. Cost $15 for one session but you get a big discount when you buy a package.

So now you whities don't have any excuse!!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've been wanting to try it, does anyone know of a Mystic Tan location in the Charles County area? I'd settle for St Mary's if necessary.

Jen

A friend of mine owns the one in Mechanicscville. The name is Extreme Heat. Spray on there is 2 for $25.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Mystic Tan website says there's a place called Sunny's in Waldorf that has it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
So now you whities don't have any excuse!!!

Plus no damage to the skin from the UV. I knew someone who booth-tanned every week, and it eventually made her look 10 years older. Tanning booths look to me like human hot-dog cookers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by kwillia
How does it look on the odd places such as elbows, palms, finger area... etc... notice anything weird looking?
No, it looks great! It's browner than OTC self-tanners instead of orangy. And it's not rubbing off on my clothes, which is a BIG plus.

Your palms never touch the stuff so they don't turn color, plus the backs of my hands are tan because I didn't have to wash them after application. You put barrier cream on your cuticles, feet and nose so they don't get yucky.

Barnacle

New Tan Salon in Leonardtown

There is a new tanning salon next door to the Hair Company's new shop (across the street from the P.O.), and they have mystic tan. People seem to love it.

H

HollowSoul

i fake baked once....i got burned in places that shouldnt see sun in the first place:oops:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
No, it looks great! It's browner than OTC self-tanners instead of orangy. And it's not rubbing off on my clothes, which is a BIG plus.

Your palms never touch the stuff so they don't turn color, plus the backs of my hands are tan because I didn't have to wash them after application. You put barrier cream on your cuticles, feet and nose so they don't get yucky.
Do you get to choose the level of brown? I have very fair skin, and would look ridiculous if I was really dark.

H

HollowSoul

hmmm:confused: sounds kinda like a carwash

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Nickel
Do you get to choose the level of brown?
Yep - they had three different levels for fair, medium and dark skin. The gal said that hardly anyone uses the dark because it's REALLY dark and doesn't look right on most people.

H

HollowSoul

Yep - they had three different levels for fair, medium and dark skin. The gal said that hardly anyone uses the dark because it's REALLY dark and doesn't look right on most people.
i have a really hard time tannin..i don't know if its because im mixed italian/irish.....but would this spray on junk your talkin about help? how long does it last?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by HollowSoul
how long does it last?
I'll let you know.

I'm very fair as well. I can't even get color in a tanning bed, let alone in the sun, so I've always used sunless tanners. The color on this is pretty realistic - it passed the 17 year old daughter test. :lol:

Give it a try - if you don't like it, you can always let it fade.

H

HollowSoul

I'll let you know.

I'm very fair as well. I can't even get color in a tanning bed, let alone in the sun, so I've always used sunless tanners. The color on this is pretty realistic - it passed the 17 year old daughter test. :lol:

Give it a try - if you don't like it, you can always let it fade.
hmmm:confused: i think i'll let you be my guinny pig....i don't wanna end up lookin like a zeebra....i'm ugly enough w/out that

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK I'll ask it. If you strip and stand there while you get sprayed, how do you tan the "saggage" area?:biggrin: :confused: :dance:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Cost $15 for one session but you get a big discount when you buy a package.
Pretty cheap compared to what they're going for out here - $30 per session. Some places charge even more than that. I think I'll wait to see how long yours lasts before I spend that much.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm not old enough or fat enough to have "saggage area", thankyouveddymuch. :moon:
Pretend it's Larry getting sprayed down, now pick an emoticon to have stenciled on his "sausage", which do you pick and why?

Jameo

What?!
:boo: I went and tried it a few months ago. I didn't care for it. It was really blotchy and I had terrible runs down the back of my legs(yeah the runs were my fault but not the blotchiness of it) The color of the tan was very natural looking, on me anyways. It lasted, I think, about 5 days or so. When it starts to faded, it's just like a natural tan fading, the color just gradually just fades away.