restaurants smoking

D

DLBENENATI

I just wanted to say that I think smoking should not be allowed in restaurants. I understand that people should have some free choice rights WHEN they do not have a direct impact on other people. I have 2 small children. One of which has a medical condition that could be impacted by smoking. The problem with SMOKING SECIONS: Most often no partitions or separate rooms are availible and smoke is free to pass to non-smoking sections (Like in AppleBee's, you can literaly reach out and touch smoking people from the non-smoking section). Not to mentions cig. smoke is an irritant to all. I agree people have the right to chose to smoke and destroy their own bodies but what gives anyone the right to destroy mine or my children's because I want a nice dinner with my family??? I wont even get into the fact that it makes MY clothes smell.

willie

Smoking should only be allowed in your own home if you don't have kids and you keep the windows and doors shut! Change clothes before you come back outside.:neener:

Nanny Pam

no-cig.gif

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by DLBENENATI
I just wanted to say that I think smoking should not be allowed in restaurants. I understand that people should have some free choice rights WHEN they do not have a direct impact on other people. I have 2 small children. One of which has a medical condition that could be impacted by smoking. The problem with SMOKING SECIONS: Most often no partitions or separate rooms are availible and smoke is free to pass to non-smoking sections (Like in AppleBee's, you can literaly reach out and touch smoking people from the non-smoking section). Not to mentions cig. smoke is an irritant to all. I agree people have the right to chose to smoke and destroy their own bodies but what gives anyone the right to destroy mine or my children's because I want a nice dinner with my family??? I wont even get into the fact that it makes MY clothes smell.
I notice that you state that the child “could be impacted” not that it “will be” or “has been” impacted. I guess this means that you are unsure if it’s a problem or not. I further surmise that it can’t be that significant of a health problem for the child or you would not be patronizing these establishments. What kind of a parent would subject their child to this environment if they knew it would or could cause health problems? As has been pointed out there are such things as smoke-free restaurants, I too recommend that you start using them.

Toxick

Splat
I just wanted to say that I think smoking should not be allowed in restaurants.

And I just want to say that I think talking should not be allowed in restaurants. People are usually just babbling about stupid things that I have no interest in, or disagree with. They should just shut the #### up.

Furthermore, I think that this should be effective in ALL restaraunts, not just some. That way MY choices will not be limited just because I don't want to listen to some idiot's incessant babbling.

I'd like to see them ban talking altogether, but they'll never do that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by mainman
go to a smoke free joint...
And miss a perfectly good opportunity to whine and complain because you can't have everything your way and want everyone in the world to cater to your whims? Fat chance.

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
And miss a perfectly good opportunity to whine and complain because you can't have everything your way and want everyone in the world to cater to your whims? Fat chance.
:yeahthat: :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Toxick
And I just want to say that I think talking should not be allowed in restaurants.
I'll go for that. I also think poor hygeine shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. I hate these BO people who walk by your table and waft their stench in your direction, completely destroying any appetite you might have had.

There should be like a smell-o-meter or something at the door. You go through it and if you're pitted out or just stink in general, the hostess kicks you back out the door.

And people who stink up a public bathroom. There should be a law against that. I have a very sensitive nose and any untoward odors get my gag reflex going. When I go to use the potty at a restaurant or at the mall and someone's been in there doing a #2, it makes for a very unpleasant experience. There should be a law saying that you can't go #2 in a public bathroom. Or change a poopy baby diaper.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Eating in restaraunts needs to be stopped, too. All these people masticating all over the place annoys me. Can't I have my meal in piece without having to listen and watch others eat!??!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by FromTexas
Eating in restaraunts needs to be stopped, too.
Great idea! Especially those people who chew with their mouths wide open and don't use a napkin to wipe the goober off their face. Poor table manners are one of my pet peeves and I shouldn't have my dining experience ruined by other people eating.

W

Wenchy

Originally posted by FromTexas
Eating in restaraunts needs to be stopped, too. All these people masticating all over the place annoys me. Can't I have my meal in piece without having to listen and watch others eat!??!

Good point. I would also like to see the law passed that there will be restaurants where there are no children under the age of 12 admitted, and cell phones must be turned off or put on that vibrate mode. Customers then must go outside to yell in their phone because they have no idea how loud they are.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

D

DLBENENATI

Original message:
I notice that you state that the child “could be impacted” not that it “will be” or “has been” impacted. I guess this means that you are unsure if it’s a problem or not. I further surmise that it can’t be that significant of a health problem for the child or you would not be patronizing these establishments. What kind of a parent would subject their child to this environment if they knew it would or could cause health problems? As has been pointed out there are such things as smoke-free restaurants, I too recommend that you start using them.

First off if you don't have enough concern for children then I guess you don't have any. My child has asthma and smoke can and does provoke attacks. And further I DO NOT patronize establishments but that doesn't mean that I've never (at least once) walked into one before I realized what it was like. I never stated in my posting or implied I take my children there; however, why should I be limited? After all isn't that your argument? The difference is non-smoking in a restaurant for maybe an hour is not a great impact on your life. Not being able to even visit a restaurant at all impacts more than that. And I don't need YOUR recomindation on where I should take my business. People who have no reguard for others shouldn't be allowed outside at all!!!!

Otter

Nothing to see here
(Like in AppleBee's, you can literaly reach out and touch smoking people from the non-smoking section).
and in your 2nd post
And further I DO NOT patronize establishments but that doesn't mean that I've never (at least once) walked into one before I realized what it was like.

Just say you don't like smoking in restaurants, don't drag the kid into it. Went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday with some friends last week, you can't smoke at the bar until 3pm. Just bide your time, its coming where anyone that smokes won't be able to in public.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Re: restaurants smoking

Originally posted by otter
and in your 2nd post
Just say you don't like smoking in restaurants, don't drag the kid into it. Went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday with some friends last week, you can't smoke at the bar until 3pm. Just bide your time, its coming where anyone that smokes won't be able to in public.

:yeahthat: And when that day comes I'm starting my campaign to ban ALL children from restaurants. Whiny kids are far more obnoxious than cigarette smoke. :mad:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: restaurants smoking

Originally posted by otter
Just bide your time, its coming where anyone that smokes won't be able to in public.
:banana: I can hardly wait. :banana:

Seriously, I can see banning smoking in restaurants, bars, or any building, but not in public unless it interferes with someone else - i.e. at an outdoor concert.

And I hope they DO ban children from restaurants, too. :yay: :lmao: