Child Support setting?

B

baswm

My coworker gets to go to St. Marys to learn how much CS they are going to hit him with for the 13 year old surprise he knew nothing about. Do they go before a judge in the court room or is it something that a case worker determines in an office setting?

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by baswm
My coworker gets to go to St. Marys to learn how much CS they are going to hit him with for the 13 year old surprise he knew nothing about. Do they go before a judge in the court room or is it something that a case worker determines in an office setting?

When I filed back in 99, they served the absent parent and he had a choice of agreeing with the order or not, then in that case he will go to court. My order was settled out of court, but I'm sure all cases are different. Hope that helped some. :wink:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
It depends. Has paternity already been established? He might be able to avoid going to court and do this behind closed doors at the States Attorneys Office if he shows up early enough before court.

B

baswm

The SA was only interested in $$$$$. They did not care about anything else. He basically has a 63 month payment of 450 for a kid he never seen.

Pete

Repete
The SA was only interested in $$$$$. They did not care about anything else. He basically has a 63 month payment of 450 for a kid he never seen.
But a kid that is his none the less.

B

baswm

I agree. IT is not the kids fault at all. The kid is the real loser in that soap opera. Because one birth mother not testing two guys and saying it was guy number ones and the child grows up thing guy one is his daddy then right before he is to turn 13 finds out some guy he never met is now his bio father.

Two families lives turned upside down by one event in the past.

At least he is going to pay and hopefully it will go towards making the kids life better.

Pete

Repete
I agree. IT is not the kids fault at all. The kid is the real loser in that soap opera. Because one birth mother not testing two guys and saying it was guy number ones and the child grows up thing guy one is his daddy then right before he is to turn 13 finds out some guy he never met is now his bio father.

Two families lives turned upside down by one event in the past.

At least he is going to pay and hopefully it will go towards making the kids life better.
Tell him to be glad he doesn't live in a state that awards CS retroactively.

christy20657

No your right, its NOT the childs fault. But its also not his fault that he never knew the child existed. Its also not his wife's fault or the other 4 children whom he had. And that he had due to thinking he had no other children. If he had been notified or ordered to pay this support from the begining maybe that would have been taken into consideration as far as how many children they would have had or whether his wife was a stay at home mom.

Funny, child support managed to tell his wife that after she had the baby, she could quit being a stay at home mom w/ her children and get a job but didnt bother to tell the welfare mother to get a job. Funny how the system works. Why is it ok for one parent but not the other?

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by christy20657
No your right, its NOT the childs fault. But its also not his fault that he never knew the child existed. Its also not his wife's fault or the other 4 children whom he had. And that he had due to thinking he had no other children. If he had been notified or ordered to pay this support from the begining maybe that would have been taken into consideration as far as how many children they would have had or whether his wife was a stay at home mom.

Funny, child support managed to tell his wife that after she had the baby, she could quit being a stay at home mom w/ her children and get a job but didnt bother to tell the welfare mother to get a job. Funny how the system works. Why is it ok for one parent but not the other?

How is a man/father supposed to know a kid exists when the mom never lets the guy know, I think its wrong that some mom's wait so long to inform the father. Not taking up for anyone, cause I'm in the situation with a dead-beat, but waiting 10 years or longer is crazy. :crazy:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by geminigrl
I'm in the situation with a dead-beat, but waiting 10 years or longer is crazy. :crazy:
BUT... You said you lived with your babies daddy. :confused:

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by Kain99
BUT... You said you lived with your babies daddy. :confused:

yes and no, oldest isn't his, but takes care of him like he is, ok.

K

Kain99

yes and no, oldest isn't his, but takes care of him like he is, ok.
OIC... You have two babies daddies. Got it.

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by Kain99
OIC... You have two babies daddies. Got it.

Kinda, but the daddy of oldest hasn't been around in 9 yrs, so, but my bf takes care of him and the others. BTW I have 4 kids and kinda 2 different daddies, not 4 kids and 4 different daddies.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Kinda, but the daddy of oldest hasn't been around in 9 yrs, so, but my bf takes care of him and the others. BTW I have 4 kids and kinda 2 different daddies, not 4 kids and 4 different daddies.
It's not a "kinda" thing. It's either yes or no biologically.

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by CMC122

When anyone asks my bf how many kids we has he says 4, even tho biologically he only has 3. So yes, I have 2, but don't think of it that way.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by CMC122

And I bet she told all 4 baby daddy that she was "kinda pregnant". :roflmao:

G

geminigrl

Originally posted by Sharon
And you worry about a little cigarette smoke? :lmao:

:rolleyes: Yea atleast I don't have 4 kids and 4 different daddies. You ever gonna stop the bullshyt with the smoke?