Potty Training

K

Kimmy#2

I am trying to get our 3 year old son potty trained and have been doing so for several months now. He has somewhat got the peeing part down. Doing the #2 now that is a different story. I have cleaned up so much !@#$ from off the walls, off the carpet, etc etc. that I am just about ready to pull my hair out. Can I get some idea's on a different approach. I have done the book reading, him having time to himself, timing, catching him when he is about to do it and putting him on the pot. Nothing is working. He will then after he has sat on the pot for a while go into a hiding place and go. Everyones inputs will be greatly appreicated.

K

Kimmy#2

OH I failed to mention that he has in the past and sometimes now has had trouble with constipation.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Isn't it odd that you put the #2 after your name.

He'll go when he's ready. Although in your case it sounds somewhat disgusting. Why is it on the walls and carpet? :confused: Is there tension or stress in the household? Perhaps this is the only thing he can control and he shows his frustration in this manner.

Constipation is a dietary problem most of the time. Give him some fruit and veggies or juice. If it's not his diet, have him checked out by a doc.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
My little one had a problem a few weeks ago. It was on the walls, the floor of his cage, etc. I put a cheap shower curtain under the cage and switched his food.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by cattitude
My little one had a problem a few weeks ago. It was on the walls, the floor of his cage, etc. I put a cheap shower curtain under the cage and switched his food.

That's what I would do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Might I suggest a 42 carrot juice cleanse?

No, seriously - my friend had this same problem with her kid and she just made him wear diapers and, basically, ridiculed him for it. "Sorry, little babies who wear diapers can't have ice cream cones." "Nope, that's only for big boys, not babies in diapers." After a few days of this, the kid decided he wanted to be a big boy and potty in the toilet rather than a baby in a diaper.

Good luck!

K

Kimmy#2

Originally posted by Sharon
Isn't it odd that you put the #2 after your name.

He'll go when he's ready. Although in your case it sounds somewhat disgusting. Why is it on the walls and carpet? :confused: Is there tension or stress in the household? Perhaps this is the only thing he can control and he shows his frustration in this manner.

Constipation is a dietary problem most of the time. Give him some fruit and veggies or juice. If it's not his diet, have him checked out by a doc.

He goes in his pull-up and when he does he doesn't like it on him so he takes his pull-up off and of course what is in his pull-up goes on the floor so he picks it up to put it in the toilet. After that it is on his hands so therefore it gets on the walls and on the carpet because he is trying to get it off. Our house has several different levels to it so it is hard to be there around him 24-7. He normally does it when I have clothes to fold up.

There is no stress or tension in the household either.

His diet does consist all of the above.

K

Kimmy#2

Originally posted by tys_mommy
Do you use a bath mat in your tub:confused:

:confused: What does a bath mat have to do with potty training?

No I don't use one.

Jen

I'm with Vrai on this one. Did the same exact thing to my son. I did the whole ridicule thing. Told him he couldn't ride the school bus like the big boys. I also made him wear underwear -- No matter what!!!! Yes he had accidents and he was told how disgusting and dirty that was. Within 2 weeks, it worked. Mind you I tried everything else for a year!!!!! Also, try this....don't remind him to go to the bathroom. They say it irritates them and makes them not want to go, kind of like a reverse phychology thing. Stick to your guns and don't back down.....no matter what. No more pull-ups except for at night. As far as the s*&% on the walls.........I don't know what to tell you. But I can tell you that's reason for some BIG punishment in my house.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Kimmy#2

No I don't use one.
Don't pay her any mind, she has not been quite the same.. since... well, since "the accident"...:frown:

CMC122

Go Braves!

No I don't use one.
Put tys_mommy on ignore. She's a little crazy and says off the wall stuff all the time:crazy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
He goes in his pull-up and when he does he doesn't like it on him so he takes his pull-up off and of course what is in his pull-up goes on the floor so he picks it up to put it in the toilet. After that it is on his hands so therefore it gets on the walls and on the carpet because he is trying to get it off. Our house has several different levels to it so it is hard to be there around him 24-7.
It really sounds like he's trying.

Tell him to "go into the bathroon" and take the pull-up off. Make sure he understands that that's the place for "potty". Have him call out to you when he does this in case he needs help, which it sounds like he does.

Jen

He goes in his pull-up and when he does he doesn't like it on him so he takes his pull-up off and of course what is in his pull-up goes on the floor so he picks it up to put it in the toilet. After that it is on his hands so therefore it gets on the walls and on the carpet because he is trying to get it off. Our house has several different levels to it so it is hard to be there around him 24-7. He normally does it when I have clothes to fold up.

There is no stress or tension in the household either.

His diet does consist all of the above.

Try to keep a closer eye during this time and it's a very good sign that he doesn't like it on him. I was going to say make him sit in it for about 5 min. and let him realize how gross it is and then help him change.

K

Kimmy#2

Originally posted by Jen
I'm with Vrai on this one. Did the same exact thing to my son. I did the whole ridicule thing. Told him he couldn't ride the school bus like the big boys. I also made him wear underwear -- No matter what!!!! Yes he had accidents and he was told how disgusting and dirty that was. Within 2 weeks, it worked. Mind you I tried everything else for a year!!!!! Also, try this....don't remind him to go to the bathroom. They say it irritates them and makes them not want to go, kind of like a reverse phychology thing. Stick to your guns and don't back down.....no matter what. No more pull-ups except for at night. As far as the s*&% on the walls.........I don't know what to tell you. But I can tell you that's reason for some BIG punishment in my house.

For the longest time he wore nothing but underwear. I got tried of the pee and poop all over my carpet and everyplace else and switched to the pull-ups.

He loves the Wiggles so I order some wiggles underwear for him and told him that if he pee peed or poop pooped on them that the wiggles would cry. That sure didn't work. I'll have to use the reverse phychology thing.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Originally posted by mainman
Why would dhe do that? With all of the experts we have here...:lmao:

Then she should have just said "Thankyou, cattitude. That sounds like a great idea!" :rolleyes: