EPA Intentionally Poisoned the Animas River

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Here’s Why Some Think the EPA Intentionally Poisoned the Animas River

A week before the incredulous catastrophe occurred, a letter to the editor containing an incredibly suspicious warning about the possibility of such a disaster was published in The Silverton Standard & The Miner local newspaper.

The letter was written by a retired geologist detailing verbatim how EPA would foul the Animas River on purpose in order to secure Superfund money.

Ronald Reagan once said, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.'” If you don’t believe it yet, maybe you will start to after reading this:

“But make no mistake, within seven days, all of the 500gpm flow will return to Cememnt Creek. Contamination may actually increase… The “grand experiment” in my opinion will fail.

And guess what [EPA’s] Mr. Hestmark will say then?

Gee, “Plan A” didn’t work so I guess we will have to build a treatment plant at a cost to taxpayers of $100 million to $500 million (who knows).

Reading between the lines, I believe that has been the EPA’s plan all along”

This might bear some consideration .... after all no one ever expected the ATF to run guns to Mexico

tommyjo

This might bear some consideration .... after all no one ever expected the ATF to run guns to Mexico

You've reached new lows...

You take a story from a conspiracy website...that is based on pure hypotheticals from a single letter to the editor and another conspiracy website...and turn it into truth that "bears some consideration"? (why do you continue to site zerohedge? Even if in a roundabout fashion as this? Haven't you learned?)

Might want to loosen the tinfoil hat a little...

Isn't anybody else besides me surprised at how fast the EPA declared their disaster "over and safe" again? Had the mining company made that mistake the EPA would have been all over it for months on end.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

You take a story from a conspiracy website...that is based on pure hypotheticals from a single letter to the editor and another conspiracy website...and turn it into truth that "bears some consideration"? (why do you continue to site zerohedge? Even if in a roundabout fashion as this? Haven't you learned?)

You're so cute when you are fuming...or is that foaming?....

H

Hodr

Isn't anybody else besides me surprised at how fast the EPA declared their disaster "over and safe" again? Had the mining company made that mistake the EPA would have been all over it for months on end.

I thought this more to do with the contaminants being heavy metals with a fairly large (compared to say lead, mercury, iodine, etc.) dietary allowance, unlike the tailings from a coal mine or a rare-earth mine. You probably don't want to eat any of the apex predator animals from that environment for a while though.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I haven't heard a response from the obama's lips yet, so I guess he hasn't read about it in the papers yet. My family and I have had the thrill and pleasure of tubing and kayaking in the Animas, and admired the stunning scenery from the Durango - Silverton narrow gauge RR trip. This happening is just a kick in my gut, a sickening turn of events where the buck needs to stop where it should - the throne room of the obama.

It's his agency, and his watch.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Well, the reporting on this thing was fairly 'developed' when it happened including a public radio story concerning that very thing, the super fund angle, and how the mine was eligible for the funding but how locals resisted because of the threat to tourism and property values if it were so labeled and that it HAD to be officially labeled a 'super fund' site to get the funding.

So, is this UFO/grassy knoll stuff? Of course not. However, as a simple practical matter, there certainly are interests who very much would have liked to see the funding happen and they have been, it seems, in a fairly long running battle with folks who didn't want it to happen.

Seems like a story that would have needed some time to be dug up and worked on over some time that was released the same week as the....'accident'.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Seems like a story that would have needed some time to be dug up and worked on over some time that was released the same week as the....'accident'.

perhaps the people running that office in the EPA are getting lazy
... less than 18 months let in this administration
... 'I'm from the EPA, who is going to fuxk with me'