Hillary Received Plan to Impeach Clarence Thomas

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hillary Received Plan to Impeach Clarence Thomas

The document contains details of Brock himself potentially intimidating women close to Justice Thomas. These details were from a 2001 New York Times article, in which the author reached out to a colleague of Thomas, Kaye Savage.

"Reached at home in Washington last night, Ms. Savage said that Mr. Brock had tried to intimidate her but that he had not told her the source of the negative information."

In the memo found in Clinton's email, Brock notes his use of "journalistic sleight-of-hand involving a written statement Savage had given me under duress":

(Personal note: Though I confronted Savage with the information in an effort to get her to recant, she never did, although I made it appear otherwise by journalistic sleight-of-hand involving a written statement Savage had given me under duress about her interviews with Mayer and Abramson in my Spectator review).

His memo followed this note with this New York Times passage:

Frank Rich, NYT (12-29-94): "This time Mr. Brock's partisan desperation has led him to a tactic that is beyond the pale of even tabloid journalism and that would make any citizen think twice before speaking freely to any journalist: He tried to bully a source in Strange Justice, a one-time Hill and Thomas associate named Kaye Savage, to get her to sign a statement denying her own contribution to the book."

Jamin Raskin, a law professor and associate dean at American University in Washington, received a call seeking advice from Ms. Savage after her encounter with Mr. Brock a few weeks ago: "She was distraught and said Brock was threatening to reveal damaging information about her from a divorce situation unless she agreed to retract everything she had said to the authors of Strange Justice, he said in an interview. 'I told her this is a clear violation of journalistic ethics and might be blackmail and that she shouldn't give in to it. She was beside herself because she had told the truth."

The points on women seem to be an effort to disqualify Thomas on women's issues. Brock quotes Eleanor Smeal, President of Feminist Majority Foundation, who says:

"And let's face it, the Supreme Court these are life-time appointments. We are sitting here with a Supreme Court that elected this president by a five to four decision, but a Supreme Court that could reverse Roe v Wade and many many serious things affecting women..."