Where are all the women in this tri-county area?

S

Sticks

Granted I do not get out much, but I have not seen alot of women, say in thier 30's, around here without a ring on thier finger. It is either the women in this area are married, too young or 50 something. I think that women who are not married and available should start wearing orange socks so we men can identify these women! If this is not to the liking of all or most of the available women then I sugest you all get together in one location and decide on a pin you all could wear. It would also help if this location were to be given to me.
Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Nah. Nix on the orange socks.

I think they should either wear *white* socks, or else wear heels (without socks). That way, I can know for *sure*!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's funny!
But I am married and only go to the same place all the time because the regulars know that I am married and it helps that I also used to work there as a bartender.
Where are you going to find single women?

S

Sticks

Well, I have not really been on the prowl. I have just been observing. Where do you suggest I go, and I'm not getting into a handbasket. Last year in the winter I was going to the brass rail and playing pool, no luck there. Ive also have visited other local venues and have come to believe that I will meet someone "if meant to be" without looking. Now, this has led me to believe that I was incorrect in my thinking, lol.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, you have the right mind set.  I did the same thing, quit looking and guess what!?!  I met a guy and we have been married 6 1/2 years.  So.... for obvious reason's, I have been out of the dating pool for quite some time.  

Are you new to the area?  What types of thing do you like to do?

S

Sticks

I haven't been activly looking, I have been activly observing.
    I've been here for almost 2 yrs. I like to play pool when I have a chance and I have recently bought a new drumset and am trying to find people to jam with. Other than that, the standard ie. movies, dinner, and the like. I was married for alotta yrs prior to this, so I too have been out of the dating circle for quite sometime.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Isn't people watching fascinating?????

Have you considered joining one of the local pool league's?  They have sign up's at most of the bars.  take your pick.....

S

Sticks

Geekboy and Frank,
 What do you think about haveing the available women wear a sign. Available weeknights and weekends. That would work. I have a bad taste in my mouth dealing with women in clubs and have stopped even thinking about buying one a drink. Here is a short story of my friends and I at a club in cali a couple yrs back.
      There was a Damn good looking woman standing by herself at a club in orange county we used to go to on Friday nights. Friend #1 went up to talk to her and asked her to dance. girl replies, I'm kinda thirsty, mabe after I get a drink. #1 buys her a drink and she drinks 1/2 of the $7 drink and goes off to dance with her friends.  #1 comes back and tells us the story. An hour goes by, friend #2 spots her by herself, thinking he can show his buddies he's the man, asks her to dance and Cha-Ching, she dupes him just like friend #1. I am now laughing my but off and decide I need to speek with her. I approch her, "using my best Ricco Swavey walk" and mutter these words exactly (keep in mind its loud in this club): " scotta anti pasta pance" She then replies with her standard "let me get a drink first and I'll dance with you" I Yelled "what" she repeted her last statement. I then said: "I didn't ask you to dance, I asked you, "how you ever fit that a$$
in those pants?" She gave me the old oh I'm caught getting free drinks look with a smerk and a side of is my a$$
really big? I love that story. She was then known as the bye me drinky girl by everyone who came in there. We were the warning crew. Oh yes, her boyfriend was there and didn't mind her doing that and when he confronted me about saying that to her I told him that 1/2 the bar was pissed off that she does it to everyone. He just started laughing. He knew he didn't have to bye her those $7 drinks. After that on other nights, Me and him looked at his girlfriend when she did her buy me drink routine and looked at each other and just shook our heads at each other from accross the room.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
St. Mary's is filled with single guys because of the military base and the contractor situation.  So, naturally, they outnumber the single women big time.  I know that when I was single I had my pick of any number of guys to go out with.  The good news is that the women around that <i>are</i> single are the pick of the litter - tend to be professional women, financially secure, smart.  Unfortunately, they're also more interested in making money than dating!

Lots and lots of young "buy me drinky" girls out there, though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, Frank, as cute as you are, I'm stunned that some chickie hasn't snapped you up yet.  You must not be trying...

Frank

Chairman of the Board
(Cute? Really? How's Larry's health?)

-- Admittedly, I'm not 'trying' at all. I honestly haven't the faintest idea of what to do at this point, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

I wrote the "white socks" thing as a joke, you realize. The idea being that since *most* women wear white socks. that would be MY cue to hit on them. (Something I don't do, but, hey, I thought it was funny).

geekboy

That story is great sticks!  Fortunately (or unfortunately) Im not outgoing enough to go up to a woman that I don't know and buy her a drink.  

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Here's the thing, geek:  real women could care less about the drink.  I, personally, never accepted a drink from a guy I didn't know because it gives them an excuse to come over and make a nuisance of themselves.  Then when you won't cuddle up with them on the dance floor they're all outraged and feel like you "owe" them.  I mean, geez - everyone has their price, but mine isn't a $3 beer!

Ask them to shoot pool instead of buying a drink or dance - less threatening and you've only wasted a few quarters if she's turns out to be an idiot.

Ok, guess I gotta 'fess up. Where to meet the women?

Right here worked for me - the Meet and Greet forum that is.  I got up the nerve to meet three other forum strangers one night to see a movie. That's two areas I normally avoid, being alone with people I don't know and going to the movies. The last movie I saw prior to that night was "Look Who's Talking".

Anyway on that night there were no expectations, no commitments. Just four strangers meeting for a movie. I had a great time, made three new friends. As it turned out, I also met my future bride that night.

Looking back more than a year later, it all makes sense. Just by being on these forums, we already knew a lilttle about one another, and we had at least one common interest - computers. As it turned out, we're both programmers - we live and die computers.  Our relationship grew easily from there.

By diving in to that first meeting headfirst and tossing aside my standard routines, I also learned to be more open to new ideas. This past year I've done countless things for the first time, and it all started with that first movie.

Ditch the shyness, ditch the preconceived notions, open your mind to new ideas, and see what happens.

Vicki

Hey, check out this month's Playboy (DeeDee Phiffer on the cover) They have this fun page about how you can spot what kind of girl is in the club/bar by how she's dressed... I usually dress like the girl they show as "girlfriend type", but another clue I give is that I don't wear a ring. Maybe I should wear my orange socks too. But Frank knows I rarely wear white socks anyway, too plain and boring...
So, if there are more dudes than chicks here, how come I'm still paying for my dinner? :biggrin:

K

KaZamm1061

Playboy?? what do you need that for when you have me??? lol hehehe