Camp stuff I love

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A large collapsible trash can for outside. How does anyone live without this???

A Chemex coffee maker and electric kettle. Most RVers have Keurigs (which was my previous love) and regular drip makers, but the electric kettle was made for RVing, and the Chemex is the best coffeemaker EVER.

Portable gas grill. We have a Weber.

Electric skillet. Now you can literally make anything your heart desires.

A memory foam mattress. I sleep better on this mattress than I do on the one at home.

Dyson V6 Motorhead cordless vacuum - this thing is a BEAST. Well worth the high cost. It has a very small footprint, LOTS of suction, and attachments so you can get in the corners and between things.

Instant Pot. There is nothing you can't make in these things.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA

A Chemex coffee maker and electric kettle. Most RVers have Keurigs (which was my previous love) and regular drip makers, but the electric kettle was made for RVing, and the Chemex is the best coffeemaker EVER.

A portable smoker. Mine is a Cobb model that has been discontinued. I saw it used on Amazon for $300+, which is just laughable, but some guy on eBay was selling his very slightly used one for $80. Mine!

A memory foam mattress. I sleep better on this mattress than I do on the one at home.

I still haven't found my perfect camp chair, so feel free to make recommendations. And post your own must-haves.

You made me chuckle. My daughter and I are in the midst of creating her first baby registry, and so expensive. So much stuff. Maybe, you should create a registry for becoming a RV gypsy, and see if members help you get stuff. :lol:

Edit: Also, I am a huge fan of my great grandmother who taught me how to make something out of nothing. When you think you have nothing, you really do have something. It works every time. :smile:

Last edited:

General Lee

I need my kettle grill. I do ALL my cooking on it including using cast iron on it. So yea, I need my cast iron too. The electric is a must too, for quick "cleaner" cooks. (no fire, coals to tend with)

PJay

I have everything that was in my kitchen when we lived in a house. If electric goes out, no worries I have what works on flames too. We also have our big gas and charcoal grill. We liked the mattress we slept upon, so we gave away the mattress that came with RV.

This is our home and its stocked like one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We hit Camping World in Hanover today and I found my perfect chair. It's a Summit padded rocker and it's sooooo comfortable. :yay:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

A portable smoker. Mine is a Cobb model that has been discontinued. I saw it used on Amazon for $300+, which is just laughable, but some guy on eBay was selling his very slightly used one for $80. Mine!

I still haven't found my perfect camp chair, so feel free to make recommendations. And post your own must-haves.

One of the highlights of camping for me is making coffee in the old aluminum percolater, nothing compares to me. Unfortunately making it on the stove at the house just doesn't cut it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Headlamps. Great for walking around and having your hands free. A screen room is convenient for times when the bugs are bad but you still want to sit or eat outside.

Headlamps. Great for walking around and having your hands free. A screen room is convenient for times when the bugs are bad but you still want to sit or eat outside.

I used to move the entire picnic table into the screen room. Hate little bugs in my spaghetti sauce.

PJay

I love drinking water and learned a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is a must for us.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My Aroma pot. It was recommended on an RV forum and I love it. I can make anything in it and it doesn't heat up the RV and odors don't release while cooking. You can even stick it in the sink and plug it in and cook while driving down the road (depending on your electrical set-up).

I love it so much I schelp it back and forth to the house and RV and have thought of buying another.

This is the one I have, but I paid $45 for it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XI4Z10?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01

lucky_bee

RBF expert
My Aroma pot. It was recommended on an RV forum and I love it. I can make anything in it and it doesn't heat up the RV and odors don't release while cooking. You can even stick it in the sink and plug it in and cook while driving down the road (depending on your electrical set-up).

I love it so much I schelp it back and forth to the house and RV and have thought of buying another.

This is the one I have, but I paid $45 for it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009XI4Z10?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01

hey, that's neat-o! I hardly ever eat rice, but there's so many things I want to make in the crockpot and never do bc I'm worried they'll come out mushy. That steam tray looks awesome and handy :yay:

Agee

Coleman two burner stove and a good cooler or two...

Don't have the "white gas" style anymore, but the propane version fills-in nicely, and a bit safer!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
hey, that's neat-o! I hardly ever eat rice, but there's so many things I want to make in the crockpot and never do bc I'm worried they'll come out mushy. That steam tray looks awesome and handy :yay:

The delay timer comes in handy. The only thing I ever had come out mushy was eggplant and that was entirely my fault. If you go on Aroma's website, they have a whole section devoted to recipes. I made chili and cornbread in the aroma pot from a recipe on there. You can use the rice timer setting and make any grain - oatmeal, barley, quinoa etc. and it comes out perfect every time. When we were at the Delaware state park - I steamed fresh fish - no smell in the rv at all.

I could go on and on with the camping gear I love. My top 3...

Good, rigid seat camp chair #1 (hate the sagging seat of the normal chairs). Personal favorite is the Kijaro XXL Dual Lock. http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...=4406646.4413993.13243208&categoryId=12084787
Coleman 3 burner Guide series camp stove #5428. Not made any longer, but an excellent stove. Has 1 high BTU burner for the coffee pot and 2 regular burners. Big enough for the drip coffee maker and a griddle to both fit on the stove at the same time. Like it so much I bought 2 for myself, 1 for a friend and 1 for our Venturing Crew on eBay.
Coleman Northstar lantern. Supernova bright propane lantern. Love it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
The delay timer comes in handy. The only thing I ever had come out mushy was eggplant and that was entirely my fault. If you go on Aroma's website, they have a whole section devoted to recipes. I made chili and cornbread in the aroma pot from a recipe on there. You can use the rice timer setting and make any grain - oatmeal, barley, quinoa etc. and it comes out perfect every time. When we were at the Delaware state park - I steamed fresh fish - no smell in the rv at all.

See, my current slow cooker doesn't have any time delay, it's as basic a crock pot as you can get. Which is practically useless when I need it to do it's thing while I'm at work...I work 9 hour days and most of the time that's too long to leave it...unless it's soup or stew, it's too long and ends up mushy :ohwell: I'd been considering getting a new slow cooker with a time delay and maybe a couple extra buttons, but this thing has all that and a couple other things I could use! 2-in-1! :buddies:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think this new adventure you're on is fantastic! I loved camping the years we did it ... first in a pop up, then a bigger pop up, then upgrading to a mac daddy 32' toy hauler. It made for fantastic weekends and opportunities to unplug.

My one thing that I loved having when we camped - my scooter! Call me an old fuddy, but it was great to be able to use on the trips where the trek to the bath house was longer than preferred, to putz around parks and see things, or quick trips to a nearby general store for marshmallows. It didn't weigh a ton, and was a great alternative to taking a larger vehicle for smaller "errands". Also, it complemented the outdoors experience not being caged in a vehicle to get around.