AirBNB

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Something I found out while running down lodging options for our adventure:

Many AirBNB hosts do not actually own the home they're renting to you - they themselves are renters. In many states, this means they are subletting to you illegally and you can face consequences by entering into this agreement with them. Not necessarily legally, but if caught you can be out on your butt with no recourse or advance notice. AirBNB guests have had neighbors call the cops, then they couldn't come up with valid documentation to prove they weren't squatters or B&Es.

Of the many reasons why I decided that AirBNB, although it sounded great in concept, isn't something we're interested in. People apparently use it and think it's great, but to me it's an accident waiting to happen. Not the great idea I initially thought it was.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have successfully used VRBO multiple times for beach houses as well as mountain cabins with no issues. Short & long term options depending on your needs. :yay:

lovinmaryland

We're using AirBNB for the first time in December. I'm hoping for a nice experience. My son is graduating from boot camp in February so if our experience is a good one I hope to use them then as well.