hypothetical question

D

dems4me

If you buy steamed crabs at 9am and keep them in a sealed bag until about 9pm and then refrigerate... do you think they are still good? Would you eat them? They seem to smell ok but I understand seafood is very fickle on how long it stays fresh before it turns bad.

Thanks!:smile:

dems, I'm starting to think you aren't for real...
drop.gif

D

dems4me

Originally posted by kwillia
dems, I'm starting to think you aren't for real...
drop.gif

I know... its time to fess up -- I'm really an mpd of yours... :lol:

Does this mean they are probably bad? :shrug: I'd hate to waste food. :frown:

Originally posted by dems4me
So, are you saying you really think that by "sealing the bag" you stopped the wild orgy of bacteria from multiplying tri-fold under such moist, luke-warm conditions...:confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I thought this was a hypothetical question. :confused:

The crabs will be fine. :yay:

Pete

Repete
I know... its time to fess up -- I'm really an mpd of yours... :lol:

Ah be brave, just try one. To be safe just eat it while you are on the crapper to reduce the possibility of an accident.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by mAlice
I thought this was a hypothetical question. :confused:

The crabs will be fine. :yay:

Yes, I'd hypothetically hate to waste them. But I was thinking with the steam in there, maybe they stayed warm or something :shrug: I'll go ahead and try them tonight. :yum: On second thought, maybe I'll try them on Vrai's cat first - animals tend to be a good judge of whether something is good or not . :smile:

Thanks!
:smile:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
animals tend to be a good judge of whether something is good or not . :smile:

my dogs used to eat cat shiat fresh from the litter box; doesn't mean I would consider doing it. :crazy:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by crabcake
my dogs used to eat cat shiat fresh from the litter box; doesn't mean I would consider doing it. :crazy:

True :ohwell: You have more experience with crab (I'm guessing because your call name is crabcake) - have you ever had crabs sit for 12 hours and still be good :shrug:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
True :ohwell: You have more experience with crab (I'm guessing because your call name is crabcake) - have you ever had crabs sit for 12 hours and still be good :shrug:

I don't eat crabs; I only buy crab meat that is already picked from the shells.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by crabcake
I don't eat crabs; I only buy crab meat that is already picked from the shells.

Ok thanks... seeing's how noone has eaten crabs that sat out for 12 hours (2 hours in steam) I'll try them and report back my experience. :biggrin: :yum:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by nomoney
how's your festering open mouth sore from your botched wisdom tooth extraction?

It is fine - thanks for asking. It was three wisdom teeth extractions. I still have a big lump on my left jaw where it was done but that is it - not even noticable and my tongue has been numb on the left side for a few weeks -- other than that I'm fine... I've been drinking lots of alcohol to keep the wounds clean and sanitized :yay: :yay: :yay:
Everything is all healed up now! :dance:

What's your take on the crabs? Eat them or dont? :shrug:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

I'll try them and report back my experience. :biggrin: :yum:
That's what they all say....I'm still waiting for the update on "42 carrots". :rolleyes:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hypothetically speaking, of course...

if some dumbazz were to eat crabs that were left out for 12 hours because they're too cheap to throw them out, would you send flowers to the hospital they're in because of botulism or just laugh your azz off? :confused:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Hypothetically speaking, of course...

Originally posted by jazz lady
if some dumbazz were to eat crabs that were left out for 12 hours because they're too cheap to throw them out, would you send flowers to the hospital they're in because of botulism or just laugh your azz off? :confused:
I'd probably be inclined to laff my azz off first, then get up a group of (...oh let's say about 50) forum members and take the diarrhead-barfmeister some flowers picked from the middle of Rt 4.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Hypothetically speaking, of course...

Originally posted by Sharon
I'd probably be inclined to laff my azz off first, then get up a group of (...oh let's say about 50) forum members and take the diarrhead-barfmeister some flowers picked from the middle of Rt 4.

What a GREAT idea! :jet: But maybe we should ask Otter first. :confused:

Pete

Repete
I think you all are being way too alarmist. I am sure the cooked seafood is fine.

Dems, there are starving people out there. don't just toss that good food, eat it.

nomoney

What's your take on the crabs? Eat them or dont? :shrug:

I say if you're retarded enough to ask the same stupid question over and over.....then you should be just fine to eat them :shrug:

D

dems4me

Originally posted by Pete
I think you all are being way too alarmist. I am sure the cooked seafood is fine.

Dems, there are starving people out there. don't just toss that good food, eat it.

Thanks Pete -- I was leaning on eating them because I don't want to waste crabs and I feel terrible that they were killed and not eaten and they were after all cooked... not floating around the river dead for 12 hours.

Thanks Pete:smile: