Biochemical Machine

Hot N Bothered

Anyone ever heard of this?

I can't find any reviews from medical personnel or nutritionists. Amazon has three total reviews on the book, all positive.

I haven't read the book but the basic premise is too much acid in the blood stream causes damage to organs and such, which causes weight gain, pain, moodiness, lack of energy etc.

The idea is you can eat anything, but you need to pair certain foods with others, and avoid eating certain foods together. The weight-loss stage calls for elimating cooked meat (smoked is ok) and refined flour and sugars (honey is an all-you-can-eat food as long as you don't eat it with milk or certain fruits). Other stages have meats paired with other foods. Among the all-you-can-whenever-you-want foods is leafy greens, raw tomatoes and natural (not hydranated) oils. Whole grains also get the :yay: although not in unlimited quanitites.

I'm not the radical dieting type. I hate weighing and measuring, counting calories, points or carbs. I'm looking more for mood and energy enhancement then weight loss, although that would be fine too.

Does anyone know anything about this diet? I'd hate to spend $20 on a book that is another snake oil tonic. I checked, the library doesn't have it.

I once wanted a book that the tr-county library didn't have. I emailed the library requesting that they buy the book and they searched the catalogs of all the other public libraries in the state and found the book. They had it transfered to my local libary for me to use, and then returned it to the home library when I was done with it. You may want to try that.

Hot N Bothered

Originally posted by huntr1
I once wanted a book that the tr-county library didn't have. I emailed the library requesting that they buy the book and they searched the catalogs of all the other public libraries in the state and found the book. They had it transfered to my local libary for me to use, and then returned it to the home library when I was done with it. You may want to try that.
I thought they used to have a link for that on their online catalog, but I couldn't find it, I looked. I'm going by the library tomorrow and I'll ask them then.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Try searching Amazon.com for it. Find the price then search on ebay for the book cheaper. :yay:

Hot N Bothered

Originally posted by jazz lady
Try searching Amazon.com for it. Find the price then search on ebay for it cheaper.
I did search Amazon, I'll check Ebay. I was kinda hoping someone could review it for me though, before I bought it. It was only published in English in November, if they are selling it on Ebay now, it probably wasn't all that good a plan to begin with. The only info I can find is the 3 reviews on Amazon and several articles designed to sell the book. :ohwell:

Hot N Bothered

Oops, I was mistaken, it was released in the US in February 2004. It's ranked 41 on the Amazon bestseller list, so I guess there's tons of copies out there, but none on Ebay, so people are hanging onto it.

Man, I hate giving money to diet charlatans, but it looks like I'll actually have to buy it to get the details.
:burning:

chipster33

Hot N Bothered said:

I can't find any reviews from medical personnel or nutritionists. Amazon has three total reviews on the book, all positive.

I haven't read the book but the basic premise is too much acid in the blood stream causes damage to organs and such, which causes weight gain, pain, moodiness, lack of energy etc.

The idea is you can eat anything, but you need to pair certain foods with others, and avoid eating certain foods together. The weight-loss stage calls for elimating cooked meat (smoked is ok) and refined flour and sugars (honey is an all-you-can-eat food as long as you don't eat it with milk or certain fruits). Other stages have meats paired with other foods. Among the all-you-can-whenever-you-want foods is leafy greens, raw tomatoes and natural (not hydranated) oils. Whole grains also get the :yay: although not in unlimited quanitites.

I'm not the radical dieting type. I hate weighing and measuring, counting calories, points or carbs. I'm looking more for mood and energy enhancement then weight loss, although that would be fine too.

Does anyone know anything about this diet? I'd hate to spend $20 on a book that is another snake oil tonic. I checked, the library doesn't have it.

The National Health Alliance Against Obesity organization
endorses the BioChemical A&B Method® because we believe
there is no better or more perfect solution to the health and
weight problems of this nation than the breakthrough
discovery of the compatibility between food chemistry and
body chemistry.

The BioChemical A&B Method® will enhance your quality of
life by helping you sustain a healthy weight, fight and
overcome illnesses, increase your energy level, be pain
free…even when elderly, and give you and our children the
right to experience general overall good health.

Pauline Chipponeri
Please visit our website
www.NHAAO.com

nurse4jesus

the biochemical machine

I have bought the book, the incredible biochemical machine. It was the best book I have every read on the body and diet. I have yet to start eating that way, but want to NOW. Tired of being fat. They have a website also. Please feel free to write back to me!

Nurse4jesus