Amish In The City

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
header.jpg

the guy in the middle looks too hot to be Amish. :yum:

R

rhumbpunch

Never been a fan of Reality TV!

I think it's a travesty that such a simple and devoted way of life(Amish) is being taken advantage of for the almighty TV buc!

I am supried that the elders of this group of Amish would even allow this. Most Amish don't even want their pictures taken by tourists.

Reality TV, such a window into the greed and lack of creativity of the TV world!

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by rhumbpunch
I am supried that the elders of this group of Amish would even allow this. Most Amish don't even want their pictures taken by tourists.

:yeahthat:
I wonder if they are truly Amish? Our Amish are very conservative the Mennonites however are a little more modern but I think this is even out of their scope.

crabcake

I dunno. :ohwell: Amish kids have some period of time where they're basically 'cut loose' to decide if the Amish way of life really IS what they want or not. I don't see what's wrong with it. If anything, it might offer some peeps an appreciation of the lifestyle the Amish folks lead.

R

rhumbpunch

Originally posted by crabcake
I dunno. :ohwell: Amish kids have some period of time where they're basically 'cut loose' to decide if the Amish way of life really IS what they want or not. If anything, it might offer some peeps an appreciation of the lifestyle the Amish folks lead.

Absolutely, but as kids/young adults how quickly do you think they will be influenced by a glamorous life in the big city?

Appreciate yes, respect it, absoutely not.

crabcake

Absolutely, but as kids/young adults how quickly do you think they will be influenced by a glamorous life in the big city?

Appreciate yes, respect it, absoutely not.

I dunno. :shrug: I don't see anyone holding a gun to their heads in the picture to do it; of course, they might have one put to their head when they get to the city, but hey, shiat happens when you live in a big city. :ohwell:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I think the show should be the other way around. Take some city slickers and make them live like the Amish do. Not the Paris Hilton type show, (that's down right tupid!) but like that movie with Kirsti Alley and Tim Allen. That was good. :biggrin:

R

rhumbpunch

Originally posted by FancyBelle
I think the show should be the other way around. Take some city slickers and make them live like the Amish do. Not the Paris Hilton type show, (that's down right tupid!) but like that movie with Kirsti Alley and Tim Allen. That was good. :biggrin:

That idea/show is probably not far behind this one! How long do you think a true city slicker would last in an Amish setting ?

crabcake

How long do you think a true city slicker would last in an Amish setting ?

I can answer this from experience last year when a friend of mine came from New York to Mechanicsville for a 4-day visit. I put her azz back on the train 24 hours after she arrived. :lol:

She said things like "how do you people live like this?" "OMG, there are cows here and real horses and buggies and they crap on the road!!! ewwwww!" "In New York, I can walk to no less than 20 bars and 50 restaurants in 3 minutes; this place sucks!" "Your dog is sooo ugly!"

Yes, she actually said Emmitt was ugly!! :frown: :bawl:

R

rhumbpunch

I can answer this from experience last year when a friend of mine came from New York to Mechanicsville for a 4-day visit. I put her azz back on the train 24 hours after she arrived. :lol:

She said things like "how do you people live like this?" "OMG, there are cows here and real horses and buggies and they crap on the road!!! ewwwww!" "In New York, I can walk to no less than 20 bars and 50 restaurants in 3 minutes; this place sucks!" "Your dog is sooo ugly!"

They don't sound like much of a friend! Ah, shallow minded people. Good on You to send their arse packing.

crabcake

They don't sound like much of a friend! Ah, shallow minded people. Good on You to send their arse packing.

No, she really wasn't. She also banged the guy installing my Direcway satellite the day she got in town, but that's neither here nor there. :ohwell:

R

rhumbpunch

Hey Soft Shell,

Whoops, I mean Crab Cake.

Good Article on the show in the Today Section of the Baltimore Sun.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Ok..... your friend complained about the lack of activities, restaurants, and bars in the area; complained about horse crap in the roads, and moaned about the cows and horses and buggies. And she ****** the tv installer dude. So, clearly she's not meant for a small town existence. And not to mention she's too generous with her *****.

But the one thing that ticks me off is that she said your dog is ugly. You were smart to put her back on the train. Too bad your baby didn't bite her before she left, though. Dogs are cool.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child

For a minute, I thought you lifted her rant from Kim Cattrall's character on Sex & the City. I only saw one episode, and it had something to do with her doing the hay romp with a farmhand.

crabcake

Originally posted by BadGirl
But the one thing that ticks me off is that she said your dog is ugly. You were smart to put her back on the train. Too bad your baby didn't bite her before she left, though. Dogs are cool.

SHAAA! :duh: Like it's even remotely possible for a tri-color beagle to be ugly (well, except Christy's beagle, that is, but he's an alien mutant!* :biggrin:)

Originally posted by Tonio
For a minute, I thought you lifted her rant from Kim Cattrall's character on Sex & the City. I only saw one episode, and it had something to do with her doing the hay romp with a farmhand.

No joke! That was her shpeel while she was here. What was funny is she thought I was kidding about putting her azz back on the train already! :lol:

* j/k Christy :flowers: