Scranton, PA

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What an awesome city!

We did New Years at Monello's sister's home nearby and spent a day walking around the city. The downtown area is a neo-gothic architectural marvel, in particular the Masonic Temple.

We explored the Iron Furnaces, which was like something out of American Horror Story and extremely cool. The industrial history markers were more interesting than I thought they'd be.

At the Steamtown National Historic site, there are museums featuring railroad and trolley history.

We had lunch at Cosmo's Cheesesteaks, and they were easily the best I've ever had. And yes, Philly peeps, I've had you all's cheesesteaks. Cosmo has you beat.

Scranton downtown is highly walkable, with all sorts of pubs, restaurants, and stores (not to mention the architecture sight-seeing). It's not hard to get around and traffic isn't unbearable. The surrounding area is gorgeous, right there in the mountains, and Scranton looks like the little mountain town you picture in your head. Very pretty. I can't wait to go back and spend some more time there.

scranton.jpg