Every Icelander to Get Paid in Bank Sale

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Iceland made world news by jailing their crooked bankers that had an involvement in the 2008 financial crisis, and now they will pay every Icelander for the sale of #slandsbanki, one of its largest banks.

If Bjarni Benediktsson, Finance Minister has his way, Icelanders will receive kr 30,000 after their government has ownership of the bank. #slandsbanki will be the second largest bank, of three, under State proprietorship.

Benediktsson stated, “I am saying that the government take [sic] some decided portion, 5%, and simply hand it over to the people of this country.”

Since the government is under the control of Icelanders, they own the banks. Bjarni believes that their economy will be fueled by foreign capital that will be brought into the country, which still remains the only European nation that has fully recovered from the 2008 crisis. Iceland was even able to pay its outstanding debt to the IMF before its due date.

http://www.ewao.com/a/first-they-jailed-the-bankers-now-every-icelander-to-get-paid-in-bank-sale/

Rommey

Headline is misleading...its not a done deal; nothing more than a proposal.
Minister of Finance Bjarni Benediktsson has promised that each Icelander will get a 30,000 ISK pay-out for the proposed #slandsbanki bank sale.

Speaking to attendees of the national convention of the Independence Party, of which Bjarni is the chairperson, Kjarninn reports that he submitted the idea that 5% of #slandsbanki’s shares be distributed to each and every Icelander. As the value of the bank is currently placed at 187 billion ISK, 5% would come out to about 9.3 billion ISK, or just under 30,000 ISK for each Icelander.
[snip]
Nothing exact has yet been set on when this 5% share in the bank – which, being owned by the State, effectively means it will be 100% owned by the people – will be distributed or how.
link

And to put that amount into perspective: 30,000ISK is about $230 USD.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Headline is misleading...its not a done deal; nothing more than a proposal. And to put that amount into perspective: 30,000ISK is about $230 USD.
The point being, that even though here in the US, supposedly a "rule of law" nation, our banksters continue to throw parties, pillage the people, and get away scott free. Iceland owns their banks now, just as we used to. You know like in, "Congress shall have the power to coin money and regulate the value thereof"? We should take a lesson from those Icelanders.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Headline is misleading...its not a done deal; nothing more than a proposal.

And to put that amount into perspective: 30,000ISK is about $230 USD.

I receive a lot more than that annually from my US bank stocks in dividends.......just sayin'