Trip planning

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sometimes I think a big part of the fun in traveling is in the planning stage. The anticipation builds. It starts out as a globe, then it gets pared down to a map, then finally a destination.

Right now the focus is on the Black Hills area of South Dakota. Of course everyone know of Mount Rushmore. The area is a lot more than that. I'm energized and excited about all the possible options for things to do and see. There are a few 'must do' drives around that area. We are taking a good 2 weeks to try and cover as much of it as we can.

It would appear that someone else is also extremely excited about the planning stage, even more so than myself. A while back I started a thread for recommendations in that area. Santa brought us a guide book which is very helpful. It breaks up the area into 4 distinct regions.

We finally started planning in earnest this week. We have a good bit already in the books. Almost 4 months worth is planned out. 2 more months to go.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You know, the thing that always did it for me, in my limited experiences, was the simple joy of waking up in the AM and being able to make coffee, work at a little breakfast and just look at each other and say; 'where would you like to go today?'.

Sometimes, it was 'right here'. Others, it was....whatever. I took a trip summer of '13 that started with basic planning around Southern Maine, couple of different campgrounds, basic sightseeing ideas and, after we worked through that itinerary and knew we had about a week left to burn, we just started heading up the coast. Then made Bar Harbor....then decided we'd like to maybe see Augusta...which ended up being...thatta way...which begat Millinocket.

Didn't quite have time to make Katahdin but, almost! Bad part was having to do 761 miles to get home...in one day. Other than that...that sense of freedom. That's what is THE attraction to RV'ing was and is to me. Enjoy!