Electric Razors and Clippers

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
What are the best brands/models - I'm talking the kinds that your barber uses professionally. How much, roughly, are they?

My experience with electric razors and clippers is bad. I had the kind with the three circular heads on it that worked ok on my face, except that it had to be constantly cleaned and maintained. Plus, it doesn't have a good beard/sideburn/neckline/nosehair :twitch: trimmer.

I have a set of clippers that do okay at best on trimming up the beard, but works terribly for precision edging and trimming up the sideburns, and completely sucks for quick shaving... :frown:

This is something I always wanted to get for myself, but never have. It'd be nice to find an all-in-one device, but if no good ones are available, I'll have to settle for getting a clipper and a razor separately.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by sleuth
What are the best brands/models - I'm talking the kinds that your barber uses professionally. How much, roughly, are they?
The last time I got a hair cut at a barber shop the barber mentioned he had just pick up a new pair of clippers, I asked how much they were and he said right around $100...:biggrin:

C

czygvtwkr

Get yourself a Braun automatic cleaning razor, they are expensive but work great.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Brands of descent clippers I know of are Oster, Andis, and Wahl. Phillips/Norelco is suppose to have one called D-Fine but I know nothing about it. Prices vary depending on if they are personal or professional models.

kidlane

Go to Sally's in San Souci, they have a big selection to chose from and people who can help. They also have the best prices.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey Sleuth - I use an old Oster model to clip my doggies and they still do a great job [I got them second-hand, but estimate their age to be about 20 years old].

If you want, I can give you a haircut with them to show to you how great they are. Everyone says that I do a supurb job in clipping the doggies, so how can clipping a human be any more difficult than that? Just think, they have four legs, and you only have two ears to worry about. And they have a difficult time keeping still, and you have the capacity to keep still for a long period of time. I'm positive that I could give you a really good haircut. Wanna take me up on it? :wink: