The first step has been made!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm moving into the motor home over the weekend - in fact, that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now instead of playing around on here. :jet: This is our first campground stay since last fall and I'd forgotten how much I love it here. The morning dog walks in particular are peaceful and relaxing, and I really missed doing most of my living outside.

We'll be at the campground on Solomons for the next couple of months, then put the motor home in storage and take off in the car for our extended road trip mid-May.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Everybody is getting settled in & comfortable.

DSCF8244.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:confused: Why not travel in the motor home?

We will in the fall when we head south for winter. We're car traveling for spring and summer because we like to stop and visit things that look interesting along the way. It's difficult to do that with an RV because of size and maneuverability.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No it's not.
Don't you tow a vehicle.

Yes, and that makes it even more difficult to say, "Oh, look at that sign! There's something cute in that town, let's go see it." I'm talking about when we're traveling to our destination, not after we're already there and set up. You just never know what kind of streets and space you're going to run into in some of these little towns.

At this point we're going to split between car travel and motorhome to get the best of both worlds, then we'll revisit at the end of the year and revise the plan as needed.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Yes, and that makes it even more difficult to say, "Oh, look at that sign! There's something cute in that town, let's go see it." I'm talking about when we're traveling to our destination, not after we're already there and set up. You just never know what kind of streets and space you're going to run into in some of these little towns.

At this point we're going to split between car travel and motorhome to get the best of both worlds, then we'll revisit at the end of the year and revise the plan as needed.

:yay:
My parents were full time RV'ing for around 12 years.
I have a 30 amp outlet and Direct Tv outlet if you two ever want to park in the driveway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yay:
My parents were full time RV'ing for around 12 years.
I have a 30 amp outlet and Direct Tv outlet if you two ever want to park in the driveway.

Wouldn't that be a fun conversation! "Hi, mom, yeah we're living in my friend's driveway now..." :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This I don't understand. Are you guys itching that bad to get into the RV that you're gonna stay 5-6 miles from home, for a couple months??

My apartment lease is up April 1 and I wanted a couple weeks to get moved in to the motorhome, get other stuff to storage, and have plenty of time to clean the apartment.

General Lee

My apartment lease is up April 1 and I wanted a couple weeks to get moved in to the motorhome, get other stuff to storage, and have plenty of time to clean the apartment.

Ok, Makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I have an RV myself and can relate. Just wondered why you guys stopped so close to home.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not to mention that you never do a shakedown cruise by heading across the ocean. Now's the time and place to iron out any bugs in the conops.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not to mention that you never do a shakedown cruise by heading across the ocean. Now's the time and place to iron out any bugs in the conops.

This. I'll be running a business from the motorhome as well, and want to have some time to iron out any kinks that I haven't thought of yet.

glhs837

Power with Control
BTW, that gazebo nearest the pool is a great place for breakfast, worth packing it over from the camper. We quite often will grab a breakfast platter from Roys and go over there early on a Sat or Sun morning.

BlueBird

Living in an RV is fun and mostly stress free. Wife and I did it years ago for about 3 months. We were in between houses and in the process of moving. We lived mostly out side and prepared all of our meals on the grill. Did a lot of fishing and walking around in the woods. I often look back at those days as some our happiest together. Enjoy it Vrai and if you ever start to feel cramped just simply open the door and go for a nice walk. If we didn't have so many things I enjoy that I wouldn't want to live with out one of those tiny houses would be perfect. On lake or near water and with lots of woods around. Maybe someday...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Living in an RV is fun and mostly stress free. I often look back at those days as some our happiest together.

I could not agree more. For me, RV living is about a lifestyle. Although not for everyone, if it works for you, nothing is more liberating. It is amazing and provides a level of freedom that is seldom experienced in any other situation.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonight I was marveling that people pay good money to do what we do as a life. I had a huge work day, then we sat and made drinks and grilled and ate and talked and enjoyed the sunset and, yeah, there is. Just one more day where it doesn't suck to be me. Sorry. :shrug: