Transitioning from normal to full time RVer

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it hasn't been bad at all. I thought I'd be crabby about the small space and lack of amenities, and I really thought I'd get annoyed with showering at the bath house all the time, but nah...it's working just fine. I did buy a bath mat today so I can be more civilized and don't have to gyrate to not touch the bath house floor with my bare feet.

The rain has been irritating, but no more so than usual. We have TV and the second season of House of Cards on DVD, and I taught Monello how to play Gin.

I've been eating like a vacationer the last week, so that needs to stop. We used to have dinner together every night, something proper and for real with nutrition and all, but mostly this week we've been free forming it and eating as we each get hungry. We had a couple of nights where it was nice out so we could grill and use our outdoor kitchen, but mostly it's been rummaging. I made up a bin of taco meat to keep in the fridge, and roasted some potatoes with caramelized onions, and we have tons of deli meat, cheese, and salami for snackie plates (which is our favorite dinner anyway). Monello did a bunch of sausages and burgers the other night, so we've been eating those leftovers.

It's cluttered in here still, which will be remedied as we figure out where to store things and get our routine down. Normally that would drive me insane - I am tidy and organized almost obsessively. For some reason the clutter isn't annoying me, though. Probably because this is an extremely low stress way to live, so it kind of chills you out all the way around.

I'm definitely not having any problem meeting my FitBit step goals. :lol:

I've taken over the dinette for my "office" and that's working out nicely. It took a couple days to get used to it, though. Apollo is doing fine - this is his new normal so he thinks it's always been this way - and we brought the Voodoo Rooster to keep an eye on us.

Napping.jpg

Voodoo Rooster.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Nice pics! :yay:

Let Apollo-pookie know that I got the fabric yesterday for his blankie and have it all sized and pinned together. All I have to do is sew up the sides on the machine and it's all done! :cartwheel