Fat activists protest diet industry

K

Kain99

NEW YORK (AP) -- Unashamed of their size, fed up with fat jokes, and angry at the national obsession with dieting, overweight activists are mounting a feisty protest movement against what it calls the medical establishment's campaign against obesity.

"We're living in the middle of a witch hunt and fat people are the witches," said Marilyn Wann of San Francisco, a militant member of the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance. "It's gotten markedly worse in the last few years because of the propaganda that fatness, a natural human characteristic, is somehow a form of disease."

Wow! They're pizzed :ohwell:

SamSpade

Yeah, and I think they're both nuts. There's no question that both conditions are *unhealthy* and they both have a really good chance of shortening your life and the quality of it. It should come as NO surprise that the medical establishment would be for changing that. The medical establishment is not commenting on how fat people look, or their moral character, but on their health.

J

justhangn

Moo's protest

:whoreallyf'ingcares:

The really cool thing is, the cows will kick off in no time from the plaque in their arteries and we won't have to listen to it for long.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Yeah, well, now they know how smokers feel.

Maybe the equivalent of secondhand smoke is the spittle that flies from their mouths when they wolf down their food. :barf:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
Maybe the equivalent of secondhand smoke is the spittle that flies from their mouths when they wolf down their food. :barf:
I was thinking "while they break wind" but :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Tonio
That statement should really embarrass you but I'll bet it doesn't.

J

justhangn

I think the big'uns should ......

protest couches.....if they weren't so comfortable, maybe they wouldn't set on them so much.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
That statement should really embarrass you but I'll bet it doesn't.

It might embarrass me if I didn't mean it as a joke.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by justhangn
I was thinking "while they break wind" but :shrug:

Now I'm embarrassed, since I should have thought of that first. Much funnier than my joke.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Jokes are funny, that wasn't funny, therefore it wasn't a joke.

:razz:

So I probably shouldn't bother applying for a job as Jay Leno's gag writer.

K

Kain99

Jokes are funny, that wasn't funny, therefore it wasn't a joke.

:razz:

My Favorite Line in the world: If you're the only one laughing it wasn't funny! :wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Kain99
If I'm not laughing it's not funny! :wink:
My kids will try and turn it around on me - I'll say something and they'll go "Jokes are funny, that wasn't funny, therefore it wasn't a joke" and I'll say, "That's because you have no sense of humor."

:killingme

Ahhhh, I love kids. It's almost like having little brothers and sisters. :dance:

"Hey, Emilie - hold out your hand and I'll tell your fortune!"

"Hey Kyle, let's see who can take the smallest sip of soda. You go first."

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Kain99
NEW YORK (AP) -- Unashamed of their size, fed up with fat jokes, and angry at the national obsession with dieting, overweight activists are mounting a feisty protest movement against what it calls the medical establishment's campaign against obesity.

Protesting the diet industry?

Whatever.

Maybe they should go on a hunger strike? :shrug:

Seems to me that every single overweight person I know doesn't like being overweight. I can't see any of them joining a fat-acceptance club or whateverthe#### that is. If they like being fat, more power to them, but they shouldn't mess it all up for the people who are overweight and don't want to be. They should have the option to drink slim-fast or join weight watchers if they want to be - and it should be drummed into everyone's head that being obese is unhealthy.

Like cigarettes and alcohol are constantly being drubbed into everyone's head that it's unhealthy.

Hm... Maybe smokers should protest nicotine-patches, or nicorette, or whatever the quit-smoking-flavor-of-the-month is.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Re: Re: Fat activists protest diet industry

Originally posted by Toxick
doesn't like being overweight. I can't see any of them joining a fat-acceptance club or whateverthe#### that is. If they like .

:nono: i think there's a 3 # limit per post or you'll be banned... again!