Rain, rain, GO AWAY

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
72 hours, more or less until we bug out. We have a few things to get ready before we hit the road. It would be nice if the rain would stop for more than 10 minutes so we can get things put away.

So who ever is doing the rain dance, please stop.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We may have to readjust if the motorhome storage space is flooded. Plan B coming up....

I'm starting to thing we should have foregone the regular vegetables in the garden and went with rice paddies.

Vince

I'm starting to thing we should have foregone the regular vegetables in the garden and went with rice paddies.
Same here. I've been waiting to finish planting, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get the chance for another week or more. Golf is pretty much out of the question.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It’s like that Noah movie out there!

Everything in my life is soaked :bawl:

This morning I poured a big glass of water and spilled it everywhere…

Then I hit my giant coffee mug with my elbow while I was driving and it fell on the floor by my brake, dumped everywhere…

I’m wet and don’t have any coffee…everyone be warned. :mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
72 hours, more or less until we bug out. We have a few things to get ready before we hit the road. It would be nice if the rain would stop for more than 10 minutes so we can get things put away.

So who ever is doing the rain dance, please stop.

If rain is stopping you now, what's gonna happen on the road? Get that thing loaded and hit it! I'd be going crazy chomping on the bit!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If rain is stopping you now, what's gonna happen on the road? Get that thing loaded and hit it! I'd be going crazy chomping on the bit!!!

Things are best stored when they are dry. The awning is susceptible to mildew when stowed wet. Plus it's easier to do all the outside stuff when it's not raining. My storage spot for the RV is a grassy area and while it's rock hard when it's dry, it tends to be muddy when it rains.

It's been about a week but I can sense the excitement building. After months waiting, we are hours away. It's like the opening day of fishing, the end of the school year and Christmas all rolled into 1.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Storing wet rugs and chairs in a motorhome basement for 5-6 month is not a good idea. Might as well throw them away now rather than throw them away when we come back, AND have to scrub out the mold and mildew from the storage space.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Storing wet rugs and chairs in a motorhome basement for 5-6 month is not a good idea. Might as well throw them away now rather than throw them away when we come back, AND have to scrub out the mold and mildew from the storage space.

It'll keep you busy so he can go fishing. :evil:

I've packed wet before. It's not ideal, but when you get to a convenient stopping place in the sun, drag it out, dry it and put it away.