Made it into Indiana today.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We left Elkview, WV and drove to Sellersburg, IN. Took a detour to do a windshield tour in the town of Winchester, KY. It's got a great down town area that has retained a lot of it's charm. I find it interesting how some downtowns just seem like ghost towns with lots of boarded up stores while others that clearly have been transformed to these cute little places that show lots of pride of ownership. Winchester is in the 2nd category.

Heading into the town of Lexington our destination was the Mary Todd Lincoln house. It was closed today. We did get pictures of the exterior. Lexington is a thriving area that deserves a 2-3 day visit. Perhaps this will be a future destination.

For the most part of today we stayed on I 64. Traffic was light and the views were panoramic. Out this way there is a lot of land that just serves to hold the country together. Lots & lots of trees, rolling hills and open spaces.

Decent weather, a bit chilly, but sunny and no rain. We had long stretches of road to ourselves. No rush hour occurring on the day of rest. We have quite a few things planned while we are here. Taking in the sights and trying to find time to fit in a bourbon distillery tour. I'm not a shot of liquor drinker, I just would like to know more about bourbon. How it's made and what makes a good 1 different from rot gut.

The hotel has a heated indoor pool & hot tub. But no Jacuzzi in the room this time. Oh the humanity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are about 15 mins north of Louisville, KY and topping my list is the Muhammad Ali museum. Actually topping my list is to see Severa, so Ali is second. And I have another old friend here that I'd like to see as well. And we want to do a bourbon tour. And I need to walk across the Ohio river. And I must visit Col. Sanders' grave and pay my respects.

General Lee

I may have missed it, are you guys not traveling in the RV at this point in time? You mentioned hotel so I assume not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We are about 15 mins north of Louisville, KY and topping my list is the Muhammad Ali museum. Actually topping my list is to see Severa, so Ali is second. And I have another old friend here that I'd like to see as well. And we want to do a bourbon tour. And I need to walk across the Ohio river. And I must visit Col. Sanders' grave and pay my respects.

:jet: I can't highlight more than 1 post on my cell - so I will highlight this one.

Sounds like a fun & interesting couple o' days! Wave at the Colonel and give Severa & Pingsteal a big gigantic hug from me! <3

black dog

Free America
Are you going to Indianapolis? If so, you should see the Indy zoo with the new Orangutan exhibit and the nearby Children's Museum.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Are you going to Indianapolis? If so, you should see the Indy zoo with the new Orangutan exhibit and the nearby Children's Museum.

Next stop on the tour is Nashville, TN. Heading in a more southwesterly direction until the end of June. I was in Indy for the superbowl festivities in 2012. It's a nice tourist spot with plenty to see.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Next stop on the tour is Nashville, TN. Heading in a more southwesterly direction until the end of June. I was in Indy for the superbowl festivities in 2012. It's a nice tourist spot with plenty to see.

If you take the 20 min. ride to Mt. Juliet, you might think it's at least similar to parts of SOMD.